Printers - Starter Cartridges

Doug_Dangger

I wasn't sure where to put this.

But why the hell do manufacturers sell printers with starter cartridges?  Anybody know?  I want to buy my wife a laser color all in one.  It costs $400.  The only problem is that it comes with 4 starter cartridges.  From what I read it's only about 30% capacity.  WTF would they do this?  The price of the new printer and 4 new cartridges will bring it close to $1,000 if I buy original toners.

This is insane.  It's like buying a brand new car and it comes with starter tires.  They need to be replaced after 2 weeks!

UnF-ingbelieveable.

44 minutes ago, Doug_Dangger said:

I wasn't sure where to put this.

But why the hell do manufacturers sell printers with starter cartridges?  Anybody know?  I want to buy my wife a laser color all in one.  It costs $400.  The only problem is that it comes with 4 starter cartridges.  From what I read it's only about 30% capacity.  WTF would they do this?  The price of the new printer and 4 new cartridges will bring it close to $1,000 if I buy original toners.

This is insane.  It's like buying a brand new car and it comes with starter tires.  They need to be replaced after 2 weeks!

UnF-ingbelieveable.

Buy this printer, thank me later. It is simple (as a printer should be) but will cost you literal cents to refill. My family loves ours. Haven't had any issues: https://www.costco.com/epson-ecotank-et-3760-special-edition-all-in-one-wireless-printer-with-two-bonus-black-ink-bottles.product.100518531.html

R U L E  # 1   A b o u t   M e:   I   u s u a l l y   g i v e   D U M B   a d v i c e   a n d   y o u   s h o u l d   n o t   l i s t e n   t o  m e.

3 hours ago, birdflyer said:

Buy this printer, thank me later. It is simple (as a printer should be) but will cost you literal cents to refill. My family loves ours. Haven't had any issues: https://www.costco.com/epson-ecotank-et-3760-special-edition-all-in-one-wireless-printer-with-two-bonus-black-ink-bottles.product.100518531.html

Will check it out.

Thanks!

On 2/23/2021 at 7:33 PM, Doug_Dangger said:

Your analogy is wrong, Ink/Toner is a Consumable,  its more like buying gas then replacing tires.

Unfortunately, its cheaper to buy a new printer with starter carts then to buy a 100% replacement.  

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

10 hours ago, Slayerking92 said:

Your analogy is wrong, Ink/Toner is a Consumable,  its more like buying gas then replacing tires.

Unfortunately, its cheaper to buy a new printer with starter carts then to buy a 100% replacement.  

I am 100% correct.  Tires are consumables for cars.