RTX 3070 sound

Dunne Djan

Hi I own an rtx 3070 msi ventus 2x 8gb and i when i was playing rainbow six siege for a while my gpu made an weird sound. what is this?? is this normal because when i closed the game its back to normal

I think you're referring to "Coil whine". It's not dangerous to the GPU and there's not much you can do about it, sadly.

Coil whine is in no way harmful for your card, and does not affect performance or longevity.

Coil whine is simply the vibration of the coil in an inductor as the power passes through it. On a high end graphics card, ten or more large inductors would help provide power to critical components on the card.

This vibration is similar to running a damp finger around the rim of a wine glass. Every inductor in every electronic device has some coil whine, but the vast majority of inductors whine well outside the hearing range of humans. On occasion, an inductor coil vibrates at a frequency in the range our ear can detect. This is particularly common if your card is processing 3D frames at a high rate, 100 FPS+. Coil whine can be particularly prevalent when in a game menu and no FPS cap or V-sync is enabled. You may notice greatly reduced coil when when enabling V-sync as a result.

The combination of hardware components in your system can also affect the amount of coil whine you experience. Different motherboards and power supplies tend to have biggest affect, but adding or removing other components can also change the degree of the coil whine heard.

If you are experiencing severe coil whine with your video card, it's highly recommended to either test the card in a completely different system, or test with another power supply to make sure the whine is isolated to the card itself. If the video card continues to whine badly in either situation, please use the links below to contact support.

https://www.evga.com/support/faq/FAQdetails.aspx?faqid=59535

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

does it sound high pitched, something like this?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

does it sound high pitched, something like this?

not really

1 minute ago, Dunne Djan said:

not really

do you have a recording of it?

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

do you have a recording of it?

no but i will record it, i restarted the game and it was gone but idk what it was

3 minutes ago, Dunne Djan said:

no but i will record it, i restarted the game and it was gone but idk what it was

do post a recording here (in .mp4 format preferably, so it'll embed and we don't have to DL to listen) so we can get a listen

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

do post a recording here (in .mp4 format preferably, so it'll embed and we don't have to DL to listen) so we can get a listen

yup, when it does it again then ill do that