Windows hello external camera

TazerXI

Hi, I was wondering wether or not there is a windows hello capable camera. I pondered putting this into the windows part of the forum, but I think it is better suited here as a peripherial. I might want to get one to sign into windows faster, or maybe a fingerprint scanner that has a ~2 meter or at least 1m cable to reach my PC from my desk. Also a cheap, but good mic for online classes. I am fine with typing, but it would be better to be able to speak.

Thanks

Quote me for an answer, and to help track conversations

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

There are cameras that supposedly support Windows Hello, though they're not very cheap, I would personally just get a fingerprint sensor and a USB A extension cable.

image.thumb.png.16d2258517d0c141737d4a79f65adf90.png

18 minutes ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

There are cameras that supposedly support Windows Hello, though they're not very cheap, I would personally just get a fingerprint sensor and a USB A extension cable.

image.thumb.png.16d2258517d0c141737d4a79f65adf90.png

Yea, I don't think I cam getting that one any time soon just to unlock my PC faster, they even have to add "Entry Level" to it. Any recomendations for fingerprint scanner? I can't wait for monitor like the dell one LTT did with the built in webcam. Having monitors with features like that to give a more AIO experience would be good, even not just for offices with teams, but as a webcam for new streamers and content creators, if they are half decent.

PC: tuf b450m plus gaming, ryzen 5 3600, 1650 OC (gigabyte windforce), corsair vengeance 16gb @ 3200mhz

2 minutes ago, TazerXI said:

Yea, I don't think I cam getting that one any time soon just to unlock my PC faster, they even have to add "Entry Level" to it. Any recomendations for fingerprint scanner? I can't wait for monitor like the dell one LTT did with the built in webcam. Having monitors with features like that to give a more AIO experience would be good, even not just for offices with teams, but as a webcam for new streamers and content creators, if they are half decent.

There's various model available for different prices, though a 20$ one should be good enough, regardless if you're dissatisfied you can always return it. This one looks to be pretty decent and I even found a video in the reviews that show that it's pretty decent

image.thumb.png.a0c041012ddea86d07ad20dc8461a254.png

Thanks, I will consider it