Can bad thermal paste application cause low score on Intel Burn Test?

Filingo

(This is not my first post about this 😅)

It just seem weird to me that my score is lower on Intel Burn Test compared to previous computers that weren't built by me. Temps are OK. It's an i5-10600k with Cooler Master Evo 212 (Black Edition)

Previous scores reached 105+, now I get as low as 92, with top at 98

Temps aren't high, but I wonder if I applied the thermal paste so bad that I thermal throttle and that's why?

There was a change over the previous builds thought: An updated BIOS, and a different RAM. 

The RAM is pretty much the same specs, and I run it non overclocked at 2666Mhz any way.

The only difference in the RAM is its max overclock capability (4600Mhz vs 4133Mhz I think - it's XPG GAMMIX D20 and GAMMIX D30)

Unless you are just letting CPU boost on its own using turbo boost, no. If your gflops is lower than a previously lower overclock than it most likely needs more voltage.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

5 minutes ago, Filingo said:

Temps aren't high, but I wonder if I applied the thermal paste so bad that I thermal throttle and that's why?

temps arent high, but suspecting of thermal throttling? -thonk-

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

12 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

temps arent high, but suspecting of thermal throttling? -thonk-

🤣😂 hahah I mean they're at about 70C, but maybe it throttles so bad that it doesn't even let it go to say 80C and utilize its full power? Or I'm just talking nonsense

Just now, Filingo said:

🤣😂 hahah I mean they're at about 70C, but maybe it throttles so bad that it doesn't even let it go to say 80C and utilize its full power? Or I'm just talking nonsense

are you at stock setting or OC?

but seeing how you run your RAM at JEDEC (not to be confused with stock settings), i doubt you're touching your CPU at all

have you been installing more and more background apps?

7 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

are you at stock setting or OC?

but seeing how you run your RAM at JEDEC (not to be confused with stock settings), i doubt you're touching your CPU at all

have you been installing more and more background apps?

Yes I guess it's JEDEC and not STOCK (Because stock says 3200). I'm not overclocking anything. Previous builds used the 10600k from the avengers series, and these are regular. Could it be better silicone? better stepping? Or something else?

1 minute ago, Filingo said:

Yes I guess it's JEDEC and not STOCK (Because stock says 3200). I'm not overclocking anything. Previous builds used the 10600k from the avengers series, and these are regular. Could it be better silicone? better stepping? Or something else?

im guessing software changes and potentially windows update too

i would say not to worry just yet as it's not THAT different, just about 10% diff which can be accounted for by quite a few variables

Thank you. But at least looking at the temps, (70C under Intel Burn Test) - the thermal paste application is ok?

46 minutes ago, Levent said:

Unless you are just letting CPU boost on its own using turbo boost, no. If your gflops is lower than a previously lower overclock than it most likely needs more voltage.

Thank you. Didn't see this comment at first. The motherboard does come with 6pin + 4pin for the CPU. But I only plug the 6-pins. Should I add the extra 4-pins even though I'm not overclocking?

10 minutes ago, Filingo said:

(70C under Intel Burn Test) - the thermal paste application is ok?

how evenly are the core temps spread out? that's the metric you want to look at for TIM spread

ie, core 0 is 55c while core 6 is at 75c, delta of 20c = not that great

but 70c is fantastic to say the least, especially for a 10600k, so i wouldnt worry too much about it

5 minutes ago, Filingo said:

The motherboard does come with 6pin + 4pin for the CPU. But I only plug the 6-pins. Should I add the extra 4-pins even though I'm not overclocking?

it's 8+4 pin, of which the 8-pin should be 4+4 for most PSU

you dont have to plug in the extra pins, not really necessary

9 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

how evenly are the core temps spread out? that's the metric you want to look at for TIM spread

ie, core 0 is 55c while core 6 is at 75c, delta of 20c = not that great

but 70c is fantastic to say the least, especially for a 10600k, so i wouldnt worry too much about it

it's 8+4 pin, of which the 8-pin should be 4+4 for most PSU

you dont have to plug in the extra pins, not really necessary

sorry my bad. 8pin, not 6** And they're pretty even. (ranging from 68 to 73)

13 minutes ago, Filingo said:

sorry my bad. 8pin, not 6** And they're pretty even. (ranging from 68 to 73)

all is well then (excellent, even, for air cooling)

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

all is well then (excellent, even, for air cooling)

Thank you, so you mentioned the reason could be something in voltages? 

What should I expect to see from a 10600K in HWMonitor under stress? Right now the max wattage I see in "Package" is 98 watts

Should I change something in BIOS?

so you mentioned the reason could be something in voltages?

did i? -thonk-

What should I expect to see from a 10600K in HWMonitor under stress? Right now the max wattage I see in "Package" is 98 watts

not too familiar with the 10600k unfortunately :c

Should I change something in BIOS?

if it aint broken, dont fix it

because you might break it lol

Update: turning on XMP II increased the score from around 95 to 112+. But, I got 108 last time without XMP and 2666Mhz RAM speed.