Have you found no time to game after finishing a gaming pc?

Heisenbleurgh

I built my PC on December last year and so far this year I've had maybe 3 weekends where I've actually used it extensively for gaming.

Granted, I've been unnaturally busy with work and college lately, but was wondering if anyone's ever been in a similar situation and how you fight the urges to throw away a couple hours.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Welcome to life. I have collected over 180 games but had time to finish like 2 in the past year. lol

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I mostly use my $3000 setup for browsing reddit and watching youtube videos...

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

I use what is based upon the Pomodoro strategy because I find that if I constantly just ignore that desire to do so I will eventually end up on a binge one day. Also it's distracting thinking about it. So I usually work for a certain period of time then after I accomplish my goals I reward myself. The key is to not go overboard with the award, set a firm time limit and keep to it. 

I was in your position at the beginning of studying for my A levels. Now that I've learnt that revising half asleep at 10pm isn't productive, I've managed my time better and now fit in about 4-6 hours a week. I see every hour of gaming a reward for a few hours revising.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Yup :P Built it in the summer and not had much time since uni started by the time i finished it.

I should have some time coming up after i finish this year of uni in a few weeks, but i'll probably spend most of the time doing things for projects that i've not had time for during uni and watching anime that i've saved up :P

Luckily? i spent a lot of the money on the looks so it's a project and art piece as well as a functional system  so at least it's not too much of a waste. Although i could have saved a few hundred and got the 780 a few months later when it lowered in price.

All i've played most recently is anime, visual novels and some games like terraria. but i have started to pick up kingdoms of amalur and oblivion again, they aren't really pushing it and it's not even overclocked.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I seldom ever game, it is not that I have don't have time. In fact I have loads of time that should be used to study but instead i find myself doing absolutely nothing productive whatsoever.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

My average game time is about 5-10 hours a week.

I built my PC last year and it seems I've been using it more for internet browsing rather than the purpose I built it for.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx