over complicated thermoelectric cooler

septic slayer

cpu's that run extremly hot/super overclocked

the basic idea is in this picture

feel free to let me know if it is worth it 

and if anyone is using a cooling setup similar to this

10539456_peltiercooleridea(basic).thumb.png.4e1839029f0979f09d9ec00a939f293f.png

These are called phase change coolers and have been around for more than 20 years. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

thanks alot for the help

i hate it when i think of something "new" then find out it existed for longer then i have 🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Levent said:

These are called phase change coolers and have been around for more than 20 years. 

i feel so stupid just searched it on youtube and linus already did a video on it 🤣

11 minutes ago, Levent said:

This woudn't really be a phase change cooler, as everything is a liquid here.

BUt a peltier unit really won't be practical here due to the amount of heat cpus and gpus make now, and peltier units aren't efficent at all.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

This woudn't really be a phase change cooler, as everything is a liquid here.

BUt a peltier unit really won't be practical here due to the amount of heat cpus and gpus make now, and peltier units aren't efficent at all.

This is a phase change cooler. Phase change coolers have peltiers on the other side of the water loop thats why phase change coolers have super thick hoses with insulation (to limit condensation).

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, Levent said:

This is a phase change cooler. Phase change coolers have peltiers on the other side of the water loop thats why phase change coolers have super thick hoses with insulation (to limit condensation).

A phase change cooler works like a aircondictioner. The temperature difference is made by a refrigerant turning from a gas to a liquid and the pressure changes(normally). This is a peltier, and a peltier isn't a phase change cooler. A phase change cooler is much more efficent, and would work better here(but still power hungry, and loud)

this has been done before, but the issue here is that when you use a peltier, you hit some crazy heat outputs.

some math:

- let's say your cpu kicks out 150 watts

- the general rule of thumb is that your peltier has to be more powerful than what you're trying to cool

=> so let's say we need a 170 watt peltier.

==> you're now suddenly dealing with 320 watts instead of 150 watts

as a result.. you're going to need a massive radiator setup, which would probably come closer to room temp just plumbed directly into the cpu block.

so.. all in all, a peltier makes NO sense for cooling a cpu. a more sensible (if you can call it that..) solution to extreme cooling is the aircon thing linus has made several video's about: you tear apart a window aircon, put the cold side radiator in a bucket of antifreeze, and use that bucket in your watercooling loop.

37 minutes ago, James Evens said:

If you want to go this route buy the Intel thermoelectric one. 

1. simpler

2. no cold loop -> condensation

3. sensor to avoid cooling the cpu below the point where condensation starts

thank you for the info

could you maby send me the link to the product or what i could search for to get to the cooler

50 minutes ago, septic slayer said:

thank you for the info

could you maby send me the link to the product or what i could search for to get to the cooler

Here is one of them https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantumx-delta-tec

But really you don't want this, they use a lot of power, and will only work under light loads, the cpu will run hotter under heavy loads.