B450 Ryzen 5900X and 4 sticks of RAM

Dayummm

I have a B450m Mortar Max, and i've just upgraded to a 5900X with 2x8GB of RAM.

I was thinking of adding another 2x8GB RAM sticks since Ryzen 5000s get a performance increase from dual channel memory.

But I've also researched saying B450 boards aren't very good at handling 4 sticks. Is this advisable?

9 minutes ago, Dayummm said:

dual channel memory

dual channel memory is not having 4 ram sticks.. its having two is the right slots, sometimes quad channel increases the latency a bit (but i'm not sure weather it will happen with the 5900x too...)

12 minutes ago, Dayummm said:

But I've also researched saying B450 boards aren't very good at handling 4 sticks. Is this advisable?

im not sure, of they don't, they will operate in dual channel mode..

hey! i know to use a computer

it will work fine. you already have dual channel, what you'll get with 4 sticks is 2 ranks per channel, which indeed increases performance in some applications.

4 hours ago, hirusha.adikari said:

dual channel memory is not having 4 ram sticks.. its having two is the right slots, sometimes quad channel increases the latency a bit (but i'm not sure weather it will happen with the 5900x too...)

im not sure, of they don't, they will operate in dual channel mode..

If you put 4 sticks of ram in a B450 board it will run in dual channel. You would only get quad channel on a platform that supports it i.e X299 (LGA2066).