Nir

Better prodact   

3 members have voted

1. 1. Better prodact is:

• Linksys Velop Wireless Whole Home WiFi AC6600 Tri-band Mesh
    • Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini 802.11ax Mini (XD4) Mesh Wireless
    • Else, please comment

Hey everyone!

I want to buy Mesh WiFi for my home, I need 3 units (hub +2).

Where I'm from Amazon's mesh is not an option.

I think I found 2 good options:

1. Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini 802.11ax Mini (XD4) Mesh Wireless

2. Linksys Velop Wireless Whole Home WiFi AC6600 Tri-band Mesh

The 2 are in similar price (at least here), but the Asus one has wifi 6 so maybe its a better option?

If you have a better option in mind please comment.

Thanks a lot 😁

Edit, More details :

All of my hight bandwidth devices are connected via a wire. 

But I have a lot of IOT like light bulbs, ac etc. So good coverage is a must. 
My internet speed at horne is 200/10. 

27 minutes ago, Nir said:

Hey everyone!

I want to buy Mesh WiFi for my home, I need 3 units (hub +2).

Where I'm from Amazon's mesh is not an option.

I think I found 2 good options:

1. Asus ZenWiFi AX Mini 802.11ax Mini (XD4) Mesh Wireless

2. Linksys Velop Wireless Whole Home WiFi AC6600 Tri-band Mesh

The 2 are in similar price (at least here), but the Asus one has wifi 6 so maybe its a better option?

If you have a better option in mind please comment.

Thanks a lot 😁

“Better” is frequently a useless question.  If a company didn’t think their product was “better” in some fashion or another they often wouldn’t have made it in the first place, so arguably all products are somehow “better”.  What you mean I think is better for your use case but very little is described about your use case so it’s not a very answerable question.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

only good I rememver from ASUS was their usage of older systems that could be configured to a mesh network?

So I would kind of trust them more by that, but in quality etc, dunno.

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

“Better” is frequently a useless question.  If a company didn’t think their product was “better” in some fashion or another they often wouldn’t have made it in the first place, so arguably all products are somehow “better”.  What you mean I think is better for your use case but very little is described about your use case so it’s not a very answerable question.

Thanks for the response. 
You're right more details are needed so I edited the original post. 
Of course, by "best" I meant, best for my uses. 

I have cat5e in every room of my house (pro tiip don't run wires in August 😂)  so wifi is really only for cellphones and smart devices. 

Anyone has any experience with one of the products?

10 hours ago, Nir said:

Anyone has any experience with one of the products?

If you have Cat5e going to all rooms, why not go the simpler and more reliable route of installing APs? You’ll have a wired uplink instead of a wireless backhaul.

IoT gadgets don’t usually require more than a 2.4GHz signal anyway and even many smart devices haven’t transitioned to WiFi 6 as yet, so anything above 802.11ac is going to be overkill.

9 hours ago, Falcon1986 said:

If you have Cat5e going to all rooms, why not go the simpler and more reliable route of installing APs? You’ll have a wired uplink instead of a wireless backhaul.

IoT gadgets don’t usually require more than a 2.4GHz signal anyway and even many smart devices haven’t transitioned to WiFi 6 as yet, so anything above 802.11ac is going to be overkill.

Thanks for the response, Here is why:

1. Its really annoying having to switch wifi networks when you move in the house, this is the situation right now.

2. From what I know, you can wire the mesh and having it use the ethernet as a backhaul.

The reason I'm thinking about wifi 6 (Asus) is that its very close in price to the non wifi 6 Veloop.

10 minutes ago, Nir said:

1. Its really annoying having to switch wifi networks when you move in the house, this is the situation right now.

You can give all of your access points the same SSID, as long as you put them on non-overlapping wireless channels. This allows for easy roaming between APs.

10 minutes ago, Nir said:

2. From what I know, you can wire the mesh and having it use the ethernet as a backhaul.

Well, that makes more sense. It won't technically be a mesh system anymore but you get the benefits of a traditional AP setup.

On 2/21/2021 at 11:16 PM, Nir said:

Thanks for the response. 
You're right more details are needed so I edited the original post. 
Of course, by "best" I meant, best for my uses. 

I have cat5e in every room of my house (pro tiip don't run wires in August 😂)  so wifi is really only for cellphones and smart devices. 

The time of year thing can be dependent on where you live. In really cold places august is a great time.  A lot of places it isn’t though. As a general rule anything where you have to crawl around in a attic should not be done during hot periods.  Antics collet heat quite often.  Applies to all sorts of stuff beyond electrical work.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.