Low fps, but low utilization

Hello, Im having low fps despite low cpu and gpu usage.It doesnt go above 40% but my fps is 53 at ultra on Dota 2. If I decrease the quality setting my fps increases. But why would it not use more recourse to get me more FPS on ultra? I don't know what to do. My gpu drivers are up to date and my psu is enough 550 wats. The temperature of CPU and GPU are also fine. Everything is set to high preformance. This problem occurred recently before that i used to play on ultra with no problem. Any advice will be appreciated. Also will it help if i upgrade my gpu and get like an gtx1050. I just dont know why my utilization is so low
My spec are
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H81M-DS2
CPU: i3 4130
GPU: GTX 750 TI
RAM: 2x4 1333 Mhz

OVVuqYql.jpeg

check the gpu utilization with msi afterburner and not windows and see what that says instead.

27 minutes ago, emosun said:

check the gpu utilization with msi afterburner and not windows and see what that says instead.

It says the same 

ps. dont mind the low fps on the ss it is only like that when i have another program opened. normally it is 53

1.png

1 hour ago, Mxares said:

It says the same 

ps. dont mind the low fps on the ss it is only like that when i have another program opened. normally it is 53

1.png

enable the msi afterburner overlay and try with the game focused, because the lower fps while afterburner is infront implies that the game goes in like a saving state when its not in focus, wich could explain low utilisation 

35 minutes ago, FranzBuilds said:

enable the msi afterburner overlay and try with the game focused, because the lower fps while afterburner is infront implies that the game goes in like a saving state when its not in focus, wich could explain low utilisation 

Yeah, but when i open msi i return to my game after a while i open it again and it tells me my history wich looks like that.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:03 PM, Mxares said:

Yeah, but when i open msi i return to my game after a while i open it again and it tells me my history wich looks like that.

oh ok maybe u could try wiping ur graphics driver with a tool called DDU and reinstalling them