RTX 3080 build underperforming

Raniah

Alright so I recently moved on from consoles to make my first pc and here’s the build: 

MSI VGA RTX3080 VENTUS 

2x8 3200 MHZ 

850 WATT GOLD 

RYZEN 3800x 8 core 16 thread

MB GIG X570 UD 

with this build I was under the impression that I would get a good performance (160 fps+ or so) but NO MATTER what settings I run the fps stays between 40-80 never more, on games such as Cyberpunk, State of decay 2, Warzone, Minecraft. 

My temps never go up beyond the 70s task manager says the cpu is at about 50% and gpu at around 70-90% with cyberpunk for example, but any of the following: ultra settings, medium with rtx, low, medium. i keep getting around the same fps, it doesn’t drop with upping the settings, or rise when I lower them. 
I ran some benchmarks and they all give me too tier performance but the games don’t match up to that. 
I checked my drivers they’re all up to date and did the (optimize) option from GeForce experience and all is still the same. 
I’m running out of ideas please help. 

Try enabling Gsync or Vsync. My system did that with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and when I enabled vsync, i gained 20ish fps. I also looked for framerate caps in my game settings and Nvidia Control Panel.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:40 PM, A.Hruskach said:

Try enabling Gsync or Vsync. My system did that with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and when I enabled vsync, i gained 20ish fps. I also looked for framerate caps in my game settings and Nvidia Control Panel.

Done all of this the issue persists, I took it back they said they’ll run a full check and replace any faulty components.