Artifacts and frequent display reboots

Frandesktop

My old stock cooler R9 290 was overheating, so not too long ago I disassembled it to replace the thermal paste. It was dry and crumbling (I applied MX-4). Also the thermal pads on the VRMs and memory were crumbling. But all I did was replace the thermal paste on the die and assembled it back

Then I ran Furmark and it seemed to be OK, less heating and even the VRM sensors showed no over heating

But very soon my motherboard died, and only now after a few months I got the replacement. Now I am getting artifacts and frequently the screen gets stuck, turns black and then turns on again, and AMD software tells me that the driver crashed. I tried to install older drivers, all with same results

Could it be that I damaged some components in the card, enough to make the card work, but with many problems? Is there a way to isolate the issue?

I ordered new thermal pads just in case (haven't arrived yet)

I also wonder if although it's not overheating, it reaches its thermal maximum temp very fast and throttling? So actually Furmark is not enough to test whether the thermal paste replacement was successful. Please advice me how to properly test what's going on

Thanks!

what was the temp before u replaced thermal paste?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

what was the temp before u replaced thermal paste?

On Furmark VRM1 was showing about 80C and VRM2 was 70C, the GPU core temp was maxed at 93 limit, but I heard that's how reference r9 290 perform

9 hours ago, Frandesktop said:

On Furmark VRM1 was showing about 80C and VRM2 was 70C, the GPU core temp was maxed at 93 limit, but I heard that's how reference r9 290 perform

that would me too much for GPU core...

something there around cooling is not okay.

I had r9 390 which is I think almost same core gpu and it maxed out at 82 C in furmark..even that cooler is not that efficiant.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

10 hours ago, frozensun said:

that would me too much for GPU core...

something there around cooling is not okay.

I had r9 390 which is I think almost same core gpu and it maxed out at 82 C in furmark..even that cooler is not that efficiant.

Yep, and the second time I opened it the thermal pads disintegrated