New Case Fans/Case Configuration

Coopermar

Hey everyone,

I was recently lucky enough to get a 3080FE. It's great, but it's HOT. I think it's time to upgrade my fans/add a few. I haven't added any since I built my new gaming pc last year. The case is a 275R airflow from corsair. The stock fans are eh, pretty loud and the CFM seems to be pretty low. I tried to do some research but all I've come away with is that the A12x25s from noctua are the best. I don't really want to spend $30 x 5/6 on case fans. What would you guys suggest? I have put a picture of the current situation below. 

IMG_2032.thumb.jpg.2b0317a5690c310da752f3ff1c403e9c.jpg

As you can see, I'm gifted in Paint 3D. The pink indicates airflow direction. Green boxes are current fans. Yellow boxes are places that can take fans, but have none currently. #4 and #5 have room for 140mm(the top 2), while the front 2(with room for 1 more) are 120mm. The rear is a 120mm.

I'd prefer the fans to be both quiet and move a lot of air. Preferably, I'd like to spend no-more than 10-15 per fan if possible.(USD)

Any and all suggestions for the fans themselves as well as the orientation are welcome!

Thanks!

PS: Excuse the dust, I clean pretty often it's just dusty in my room!

Have you tried moving fan #3 downwards or moving both front fans downwards to see if you get any lower GPU temperatures?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

+1 for above, my first suggestion would also be to move top-front fan to bottom-most place to allow as much air to GPU as possible.

Also, could you give numbers for temps you are getting. People have so widely different idea what "hot" and "toasty" mean that its impossible to say how much improvements you would get, or if what you are seeing is normal or not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 2/20/2021 at 5:11 PM, alyen said:

Have you tried moving fan #3 downwards or moving both front fans downwards to see if you get any lower GPU temperatures?

I will definitely try that! Thanks!

On 2/21/2021 at 7:59 AM, LogicalDrm said:

+1 for above, my first suggestion would also be to move top-front fan to bottom-most place to allow as much air to GPU as possible.

Also, could you give numbers for temps you are getting. People have so widely different idea what "hot" and "toasty" mean that its impossible to say how much improvements you would get, or if what you are seeing is normal or not.

To be clear, I'm not 100% sure they're dangerous, they're just a bit scary. When really pushing the GPU, HWinfo reports the memory junction temp consistently above 100C. I think improving airflow will help because if I make my room like 5C, opening all my windows and putting a fan, mem temps drop to around 95C. This is also with the side panel off which likely both helps and hurts. I feel like just getting better airflow in general will help.

Edit: I chatted with Nvidia support and they assured me that anything below 110 is fine and that my RMA would cover anything if it happens.