Help with finalizing my build!

Budget remaining: $1500 AUD 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Casual QHD gaming and web surfing including youtube. 

I already bought the following and it's too late to turn back unless I need to return any of them:

MSI B550 TOMAHAWK MOTHERBOARD

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

Cooler Master MWE 80Plus 750W PSU

Cooler Master MB520 RBG ATX Mid Tower CASING

I now just need to buy a GPU and MEMORY

I'm conflicting between the RTX 3070 and the RTX 2080 super for the GPU. I really just need help with the final two on my list and what is compatible. I'm planning to get 3200mhz of RAM but I have no idea where to start. I would also like to mention that most of the GPU in Australia are either out of stock or very pricey (even more pricey than before).

I already have the NVMe SSD and HDD I want to use. Thanks in advance 🙂

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

If you can get access to 3070 at a decent price, it's a no brainer.

For ram, get the one with the best / easiest after sales service, most of them are the same and have lifetime warranty.

If the distributors are in your area, get that.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

13 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Casual QHD gaming and web surfing including youtube. 

I already bought the following and it's too late to turn back unless I need to return any of them:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

I'm conflicting between the RTX 3070 and the RTX 2080 super for the GPU. I really just need help with the final two on my list and what is compatible. I'm planning to get 3200mhz of RAM but I have no idea where to start. I would also like to mention that most of the GPU in Australia are either out of stock or very pricey (even more pricey than before).

For RAM, go with 3600 MHz RAM with CL 16 or 18, whatever you get. You can use HyperX or Crucial Ballistix memory. For the GPU, I'd suggest to go with the RTX 3070, which is faster than 2080 Ti, but considering the time, you'd probably have to get whichever is cheaper (considering the second hand market for 2080 ti), and both are good.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

2 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

For RAM, go with 3600 MHz RAM with CL 16 or 18, whatever you get. You can use HyperX or Crucial Ballistix memory. For the GPU, I'd suggest to go with the RTX 3070, which is faster than 2080 Ti, but considering the time, you'd probably have to get whichever is cheaper (considering the second hand market for 2080 ti), and both are good.

Yeah I was going to go with the 3600mhz but I thought going with the 3200mhz to be on the safe side because the motherboard specs show that anything above 3200mhz is (OC) which i know is overclock obviously. There have been issues with this motherboard and the 3600mhz speed.

Upgrade in the making

MY CURRENT PC - GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro V2 | Ryzen 9 5900X | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB 3200MHz C16 | RTX 3070 Ti VENTUS 3X | 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe | 1TB SAMSUNG 980 NVMe 3.0 | RM750x Corsair | Corsair iCUE H150i Elite CAPELLIX | Corsair iCUE 7000X RGB 

AMD processors like 3600MHz so yea you could go with what Anirban said, Crucial Ballistix Memory.

I highly doubt there'll be a good price on a 3070, but if you find one for a good price, I suggest going for it before someone snags it up.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

6 minutes ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

Yeah I was going to go with the 3600mhz but I thought going with the 3200mhz to be on the safe side because the motherboard specs show that anything above 3200mhz is (OC) which i know is overclock obviously. There have been issues with this motherboard and the 3600mhz speed.

Can you show me any links to where this issue has been elaborated? Otherwise OC RAM is perfectly fine. Just beyond JEDEC standards.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

9 hours ago, Citrusflavour01 said:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU

Is that psu the MWE Gold ? 

As for the Ram any 3200MHz CL16 kit is fine. If you can get 3600MHz CL16 for the same price then take that. Otherwise it isn't a huge dealbreaker in terms of fps.