Old ATI gpu

A.J. G.E.

Hello, I have an old ATI graphics card and I’m trying to learn about it and what all of its connectors are, not the io, because it is a weird graphics card. This card is older than me and I want to put it in a system for fun. If anyone can help that would be great. I have the manual but it doesn’t say what is on the board itself.

(this is my first post here. I’ve been watching Linus since my middle school days back in 2014)

27F3F9BA-E934-4858-BFAE-2846158069AB.jpeg

891A2CE5-FF9F-4F95-B129-825D8B4209E4.jpeg

A75F7A3D-8C7A-43AB-B84F-820EB3403A73.jpeg

ED940A94-5CCD-4682-93A6-3D05D18DFC2A.jpeg

E853F81A-BAAC-4C01-90B1-6316ED6694D1.jpeg

It says on the GPU - 3D Rage Pro AGP 2X.

It appears to have a TV tuner built in.

Either that or it can display to analog TVs, or digital TVs via an analog-to-digital converter.

elephants

Output has vga, s video and RCA (I think)

Uses a PCI slot it seems.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

RCA (I think)

Nope, that's an antenna port, like on your modem (if you use cable) and on your TV (if you have cable).

I'm not sure if it's a TV tuner or a TV output.

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Uses a PCI slot it seems.

They were pretty common for lower-budget systems, though they sucked if you put in a bunch of PCI cards because then your GPU was not getting as much bandwidth.

elephants

I know what the rear io are but the pin connectors and sodimm looking slot is what I have questions about. What are the pinks by the slot used for? Is the slot used for more memory? 

4C71510D-0D3B-44E6-BAF3-EF185BD83D7C.jpeg

6 minutes ago, A.J. G.E. said:

I know what the rear io are but the pin connectors and sodimm looking slot is what I have questions about. What are the pinks by the slot used for? Is the slot used for more memory? 

-snip-

Yep, you could get additional RAM modules for it.

ATI made them proprietary, though, so they're really expensive.

I've only seen one on eBay.

elephants

I had an ATI gpu years ago.  I think it was a 9200.  I bought it for a game that was just released.  That game was called Half Life 2.  I remember taking it home, installing the gpu and trying out a new service called Steam.

It was a huge headache dealing with this service Steam.  I didn't "get" my game until around 5 days later.  I was livid and ready to pick up my pitch fork and torch.  Then I was able to run the game and forgot why I was so angry.

18 hours ago, Doug_Dangger said:

I had an ATI gpu years ago.  I think it was a 9200.  I bought it for a game that was just released.  That game was called Half Life 2.  I remember taking it home, installing the gpu and trying out a new service called Steam.

It was a huge headache dealing with this service Steam.  I didn't "get" my game until around 5 days later.  I was livid and ready to pick up my pitch fork and torch.  Then I was able to run the game and forgot why I was so angry.

Thanks, I’ll look for one on eBay. Do you have any recommendations for what to look up? Also do you know what the power connector would be called since it isn’t a 4 pin connector like on modern cards

20 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Uses a PCI slot it seems

dumb question, why is a card that's called agp 2x using pci slot?  🤔

edit: I could be wrong, but I think OP's card is really rare... I'm finding *tons* of this card but they all have a AGP slot (as they should) but OP's looks like PCI indeed - weird! 

s-l400-4.jpg.72a7429a93ef0539be010fc24c651566.jpgs-l400-5.jpg.ed9dc2ab05166c6536570b52eb7596ed.jpg

ps: also yes, it's a TV tuner, enjoy! ~

(interestingly that chip doesn't say x2...) 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

THanks for makin me feel old mate

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x