5600x vs 3700x:

Hi, everybody.
I am planing a pc build for mostly gaming, but I also would like some that could do multitasking, when I am not gaming.
I am a sucker for multitasking, usually have a ton of tabs open at the same time, even when gaming.

Although both have more cores that what I have right now, since I am coming from a 7700HQ, a quad core with 8 threads.
Not all games make use of those extra cores right now, but there are some that already do.

Both cost about the same in my country, that one makes the decision particularly hard, for me anyway.
I am rocking a 144hz display btw, if that helps.
Also you can leave bellow a suggestion of a board to go with either of them, but I am thinking of an MSI Apro b550/gaming plus (they are basically the same board it looks like)

A 5600X is a significant performance improvement over the 3700X despite the lower thread count. Get the 5600X.

3 minutes ago, JoseLgamer said:

Hi, everybody.
I am planing a pc build for mostly gaming, but I also would like some that could do multitasking, when I am not gaming.
I am a sucker for multitasking, usually have a ton of tabs open at the same time, even when gaming.

Although both have more cores that what I have right now, since I am coming from a 7700HQ, a quad core with 8 threads.
Not all games make use of those extra cores right now, but there are some that already do.

Both cost about the same in my country, that one makes the decision particularly hard, for me anyway.
Also you can leave bellow a suggestion of a board to go with either of them, but I am thinking of an MSI Apro b550/gaming plus (they are basically the same board it looks like)

If your primary focus is gaming the 5600X is better because of higher single threaded performance. Coming from a 7700 mobile processor, you will be greeted with approx. 3x to 4x the performance in workstation tasks already. Another option would be to get a 3600 and wait for a cheaper 5000 series 8-core chip that will likely launch sometime this year.

2 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

If your primary focus is gaming the 5600X is better because of higher single threaded performance. Coming from a 7700 mobile processor, you will be greeted with approx. 3x to 4x the performance in workstation tasks already. Another option would be to get a 3600 and wait for a cheaper 5000 series 8-core chip that will likely launch sometime this year.

that was roughly what i thought, but when there are two good options for the same price, it gets kida hard...

16 minutes ago, JoseLgamer said:

that was roughly what i thought, but when there are two good options for the same price, it gets kida hard...

I'd recommend the 5600, that's what I will likely get once local stores have them in stock again.

2 hours ago, JoseLgamer said:

Hi, everybody.

If you purely gaming only no multitasking, no antivirus, no backup, nothing in the task tray then 5600x is better. 

If you multitasking, chrome open, doing lots of stuff then 3700x is better.  

5900x the best in all ways, I thinking all the amd processors except 5900x is worth considering over all of them.