Can my PC stream games?

VirusDumb

So, I'm planing to host a special live stream on my instagram, and I want to stream some games from my PC, now as my PC is a potato I'll be streaming games from early 2000s, late 90s, modern indie games(untitled goose game,minecraft,etc),android games using emulator(among us,cod mobile). I asked my friend who streams games on instagram a lot, he told me he uses this https://getstreamon.com/ software(which he has configured with obs) to stream, but ht problem is I've never used obs before. Well i watched some tutorial, they seem really easier than i thought, but can my pc handle it?

specs:

• i3 3210 
  • Intel hd 2500
  • 4gb ddr3 x1 1333mhz
  • no discrete gpu.
  • windows 7 professional 64 bit

3 minutes ago, chocolatekarma said:

Maybe solitaire or minesweeper. 

minecraft?

Minecraft probably already runs terribly on that machine, so don't expect much from it while streaming. Untitled Goose Game is already relatively optimized, so expect low, and big spikes in FPS. Other games should be fine.

Anything from late 90's, early 2000's should be OK. I'm thinking games like Half-Life and Unreal should be cake walks on that system. 

Work Rigs - 2015 15" MBP | 2019 15" MBP | 2021 16" M1 Max MBP | Lenovo ThinkPad T490 |

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X  |  MSI B550 Gaming Plus  |  64GB G.SKILL 3200 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference RX 6800  |  WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe  |  Corsair RM750  |  Corsair H115i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  Dell S2721DGF  |

Fun Rig - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X  |  MSI B550 Tomahawk  |  32GB G.SKILL 3600 CL16 4x8GB |  AMD Reference 6800XT  | Creative Sound Blaster Z  |  WD Black SN850 500GB NVMe  |  WD Black SN750 2TB NVMe  |  WD Blue 1TB SATA SSD  |  Corsair RM850x  |  Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT  |  Corsair 4000D  |  LG 27GP850  |

19 minutes ago, Sky7734 said:

Other games should be fine.

what bout burnout paradise or among us?

2 minutes ago, Action_Johnson said:

I'm thinking games like Half-Life and Unreal should be cake walks on that system. 

well I was thinking about playing doom 3, nfs most wanted etc.

2 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

what bout burnout paradise or among us?

Among Us should be fine, Burnout Paradise might be fine, I've never played it before but its on the Switch so it can't be too demanding.

If you bump down the quality of the stream significantly you might be okay

11 minutes ago, Sky7734 said:

Among Us should be fine, Burnout Paradise might be fine, I've never played it before but its on the Switch so it can't be too demanding.

If you're streaming in SD you should be okay with burnout, honestly if you plan to stream I would see if you can snag a GTX 1660 or 1660 Ti you'll get a better gaming experience overall and NVENC will really help you out on those streams. ( If you can find one at a decent price)

9 minutes ago, Ghost Potato said:

If you bump down the quality of the stream significantly you might be okay

If you're streaming in SD you should be okay with burnout, honestly if you plan to stream I would see if you can snag a GTX 1660 or 1660 Ti you'll get a better gaming experience overall and NVENC will really help you out on those streams. ( If you can find one at a decent price)

I really cant afford a upgrade right now, the stocks in India are now low and the price is high, the 1660 super now costs as much as rtx 2060 costed 3-4 months ago

Just now, SeAsOn3 said:

I really cant afford a upgrade right now, the stocks in India are now low and the price is high, the 1660 super now costs as much as rtx 2060 costed 3-4 months ago

aye, it's kind of that way everywhere right now. Kinda what I was worried about

You could stream webcam footage at 720p probably. Gaming and stream, if the game is easy to run, then 480p is possible.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

minecraft?

You can get an AMD 6450 GPU on ebay from Hong Kong for about $8 US, and that would improve the gaming capability a lot.  You'd even be able to play LoL and Valorant.  And of course Minecraft also, but with very low settings.

18 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

well I was thinking about playing doom 3, nfs most wanted etc.

A lot of those games were running on the old xbox/ps2 and 360/ps3 machines, so you'd expect them to run.

It doesn't always work out like that.

Getting Burnout Paradise to even run seems to require a degree in computer science. 

I tried it on Steam via E.A Play and it wouldn't even load, and I have a 2060 so it should run.

Apparently, it's a know issue. 

As for NFS etc...it's probably a case of lowering resolution and settings.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:08 PM, chocolatekarma said:

You can get an AMD 6450 GPU on ebay from Hong Kong for about $8 US, and that would improve the gaming capability a lot.  You'd even be able to play LoL and Valorant.  And of course Minecraft also, but with very low settings.

Welcome to India where the eBay(eBay.in) has been bought by another company to reduce competition and the customs charge 100-250$ "tax"(bribe) to release a 8$ product

On 2/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, Maury Sells Wigs said:

Getting Burnout Paradise to even run seems to require a degree in computer science. 

Idk it runs fine, I'm talking about the 2008 version not the remaster.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:20 AM, Maury Sells Wigs said:

As for NFS etc...it's probably a case of lowering resolution and settings.

But the NFS games I'm talking about came out back when I was born 

1 hour ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Idk it runs fine, I'm talking about the 2008 version not the remaster.

But the NFS games I'm talking about came out back when I was born 

I know the NFS games are older but that does always seem to matter.

Ryse: Son of Rome was an Xbox launch title and that is well known for being difficult to run.

The version of Burnout Paradise is the one available on Steam via E.A Play. 

I think it's a remaster.

1 minute ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

The version of Burnout Paradise is the one available on Steam via E.A Play. 

I think it's a remaster.

I have the dvd version from 2008, so its not a remaster and runs in 35-50 fps, sometimes goes over 60

I mean you probably should try it out, personally I can't see it actually working at all, but maybe I'm wrong, and maybe at really low settings, you should just try it out - streaming like this without a test run would likely not end too well anyway. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

16 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

I have the dvd version from 2008, so its not a remaster and runs in 35-50 fps, sometimes goes over 60

I didn't say that.

I said I think the version on Steam that you access via E.A Play is the remaster...I never mentioned your version, so why are you telling me that?

31 minutes ago, Maury Sells Wigs said:

I didn't say that.

I said I think the version on Steam that you access via E.A Play is the remaster...I never mentioned your version, so why are you telling me that?

Sorry about the misunderstanding, a friend of mine has bought the ea play subscription, I should ask him to check that out.

4 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Sorry about the misunderstanding, a friend of mine has bought the ea play subscription, I should ask him to check that out.

No problem, my friend.