Is my PSU dead/dying?

WestTexan

Whenever I put my PC on, the green case light is on always from the moment I put it on.

Right now I have a problem. I put my PC on.  Both of my case fans and my CPU cooler fan is spinning. The motherboard LEDs are on and my RX570 asus ROG red light is blinking on and off (its the logo) but the green case light is not going on 100%. The case lights do go on, but BARELY. I'd say they're 10% as bright as it should be

This has happened many times,usually I restart it a couple of times and play around with the restart and power case buttons and eventually it goes on. Not today though, I've given it time and still not switching on.

The last time this happened I took out my mobo's cmos battery and reset bios. 

Is it time to get a new PSU?

Super Flower SF-650F14EG(BK) Leadex II 650W 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Desktop Power Supply. using this

Rx570

Ryzen 5 3400g

2× 8gb ddr4 3200mhz

B450 tomahawk

Built in Aug 2019

What do I think caused this? Loadshedding (electricity blackouts). We get a lot in South Africa. Every time we get one I shutdown my PC however, there has been many times where the electricity goes off unexpectedly leaving me no time to put my pc off. Also, i use a surge protector plug

Help would be appreciated

19 minutes ago, WestTexan said:

Whenever I put my PC on, the green case light is on always from the moment I put it on.

Right now I have a problem. I put my PC on.  Both of my case fans and my CPU cooler fan is spinning. The motherboard LEDs are on and my RX570 asus ROG red light is blinking on and off (its the logo) but the green case light is not going on.

This has happened many times,usually I restart it a couple of times and play around with the restart and power case buttons and eventually it goes on. Not today though, I've given it time and still not switching on.

The last time this happened I took out my mobo's cmos battery and reset bios. 

Is it time to get a new PSU?

Super Flower SF-650F14EG(BK) Leadex II 650W 80 Plus Gold Certified Fully Modular Desktop Power Supply. using this

Rx570

Ryzen 5 3400g

2× 8gb ddr4 3200mhz

B450 tomahawk

Built in Aug 2019

What do I think caused this? Loadshedding (electricity blackouts). We get a lot in South Africa. Every time we get one I shutdown my PC however, there has been many times where the electricity goes off unexpectedly leaving me no time to put my pc off. Also, i use a surge protector plug

Help would be appreciated

That's not a very old psu, out of interest, have you checked your voltages (12v, etc) using something like HWinfo? Is there anybody you could borrow a psu from to test if it isn't something else?

Edit: it would be worth looking into a UPS if you can if you have frequent blackouts.

finally escaped fm2+

23 minutes ago, lgcas said:

That's not a very old psu, out of interest, have you checked your voltages (12v, etc) using something like HWinfo? Is there anybody you could borrow a psu from to test if it isn't something else?

Edit: it would be worth looking into a UPS if you can if you have frequent blackouts.

After giving it enough time, the pc turned on. I will definitely look into the voltages. I could always go to my local computer store and have them do tests if the problem gets worse or occurs once again

Thanks for the reply!