Lower mbps on speed test and steam than router

Dimitrispaok88

Hello. My router download speed is:

Actual Rate (Up/Down) 1020/19474 kbps

and after all the test on steam dowloading and speed test i have 15-16 mbps. Why?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

What speed are you paying for?

Those speeds on your modem are probalby the link speed, and the ISP may limit you to a lower speed, and its expected to have a lower speed than the listed speed.

Because steam will seed whatever speed they feel like seeding to you. Your connection speed can be infinite but steam decides what the rate of data will be.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

What speed are you paying for?

Those speeds on your modem are probalby the link speed, and the ISP may limit you to a lower speed, and its expected to have a lower speed than the listed speed.

i pay for 24mbps and the ISP he tells me is the maximum possible speed

14 minutes ago, Benji said:

This is all that you can expect from a 16 Mbit/s ADSL2+ connection. It doesn't give out more. Nothing is wrong at all. Because there's also error correction on DSL connections. My 110000 Kbit/s connection also gives out the rated 12.5MB/s. Your maximum sync rate is ~20Mbit/s based on the connection data. The ISP wasn't lying, there isn't any higher speed possible with that connection.

Not to mention that 24 Mbit/s are the maximum speed for the ADSL2+ standard and I have never seen a single connection at that value. Your connection is a good connection already, but these "24 Mbit/s" are basically an illusion, nobody will likely actually get these.

The line is about 22mbps and router limit this speed. idk why

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

This is all that you can expect from a 16 Mbit/s ADSL2+ connection. It doesn't give out more. Nothing is wrong at all. Because there's also error correction on DSL connections. My 110000 Kbit/s connection also gives out the rated 12.5MB/s. Your maximum sync rate is ~20Mbit/s based on the connection data. The ISP wasn't lying, there isn't any higher speed possible with that connection.

Not to mention that 24 Mbit/s are the maximum speed for the ADSL2+ standard and I have never seen a single connection at that value. Your connection is a good connection already, but these "24 Mbit/s" are basically an illusion, likely nobody will actually get these.

but why 19mbps on router and on interface i have 16!

4 minutes ago, Benji said:

Let me tell you something: I had a 16 Mbit/s connection once that synced with ~18000 kbit/s (which in the perfect world equals 2.25MB/s), yet the real connection speed was actually 1.6-1.8 MB/s (12.8-14.4 Mbit/s). DSL has a rather high overhead due to the fact that they have a rather high error correction because of the shitty transfer medium (a single, non-isolated twisted pair in a cable bundle that has quite a high amount of interference/crosstalk). With your 19,474 Kbit/s synced you can be happy with your true 16 Mbit/s. (A)DSL always has tons of overhead. You'll NEVER get the speed that it is synced with and you'll be always at least 1-2 Mbit/s below what it says.

I had a VDSL2 Vectoring connection with 50 Mbit/s that had to be synced to ~55700 Kbit/s to actually get real 50 Mbit/s (~6.25-6.3 MB/s) and my current 100 Mbit/s connection delivers exactly 100 Mbit/s out of exactly 110000 Kbit/s sync rate.

Thanks a lot for teach me this things. If i had the opportunity to upgrade the line with 50mbps it would be a dream

and after all...   1.9mb/s average speed with 4 people on my family uses the network....