Arctic Freezer II Rev 3 and compatible mobos?

Mytre

Hello, so I currently have a b350 board , Asrock fatal1ty and a 3600x, its been so far so good but now I want to upgrade so I can use spare parts to build a spare pc. 

I have been wanting to move to an AIO , since the cooler I have (h5 ultimate) has been disappointing (50 to 55C idle, 80C high). and installing it has been a nightmare on the meshify C case since installing it when the mobo is in the case is hard since the back-plate is loose, and installing it outside the case is horrible when placing the mobo with cooler inside so I want to move to an AIO since in theory it seems easier, its a small plate, easy to screw in and good temps and nice looks.

My issue is, before I was able to buy the Arctic Freezer II and the new mobo I read about the mounting issues, and so far I know that some Asus strix boards have issues with the mounting  where brackets touch the mountings and everything. In my search I don't have an idea how to know which boards will have this issue, I had in my sights the X570 or B550 from Asrock, the steel legend one. And with the pictures i think that the brackets wont block anything on those 2 but no idea since I Have no measures. Anyone with the arctic freezer ii Rev 3 can share photos or knows which boards wouldnt have issues.

8 minutes ago, Mytre said:

so far I know that some Asus strix boards have issues with the mounting  where brackets touch the mountings and everything

No. They get close to caps, but that's about it.

There is NO issue, unlike some posts would have you believe (filing and modifying certain parts of motherboards, etc.).

People just rush with installations and don't read the instructions correctly - THAT is the main issue @Mytre.

Just now, gal-m said:

No. They get close to caps, but that's about it.

There is NO issue, unlike some posts would have you believe (filing and modifying certain parts of motherboards, etc.).

People just rush with installations and don't read the instructions correctly - THAT is the main issue @Mytre.

Thanks, so a installation using the offset would be ok?  Since I want to open my options to other boards, I thought that sometimes the offset would hit or block m2 heatsinks on some boards.

5 minutes ago, Mytre said:

Thanks, so a installation using the offset would be ok?

No, the offset installation method does not work with the Strix X570 @Mytre.

Can't say how it is with other motherboards. Basically the limiting factor here is the presence of the m.2 cover. If your motherboard doesn't have an m.2 cover above your first PCI-E slot, then you should, in theory, be fine.

TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING CLEARANCE ISSUES WITH M.2 COVERS: Some AMD AM4 motherboards are unfortunately not compatible with the offset mount for Ryzen 3000/5000 series. If the mounting clips collide with components surrounding the socket area, you NEED to assemble the cooler using the STANDARD mounting method without offset. (https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=lf2-360r3)

2 minutes ago, gal-m said:

No, the offset installation method does not work with the Strix X570 @Mytre.

Can't say how it is with other motherboards. Basically the limiting factor here is the presence of the m.2 cover. If your motherboard doesn't have an m.2 cover above your first PCI-E slot, then you should, in theory, be fine.

TO ANYONE EXPERIENCING CLEARANCE ISSUES WITH M.2 COVERS: Some AMD AM4 motherboards are unfortunately not compatible with the offset mount for Ryzen 3000/5000 series. If the mounting clips collide with components surrounding the socket area, you NEED to assemble the cooler using the STANDARD mounting method without offset. (https://support.arctic.ac/index.php?p=lf2-360r3)

Ok!  this clears it more, I thought the offset was the only possible option with the new brackets ,and that the standard way was with the rev2 mount. Perfect. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Mytre said:

I thought the offset was the only possible option with the new brackets ,and that the standard way was with the rev2 mount. Perfect. Thank you!

Nope.. Either offset or standard, but please try to read the thread I linked.

It's pretty short + there's a nice GN video at the end which explains everything, but again, like I said: don't worry about it, just take your time, nice and slow and REAAALLLYYY try to read the instructions carefully.

P.S. not trying to be a douche by saying read the instructions, the reason I'm saying that is because they're written quite poorly and should have been written in a clearer manner in the first place, in my opinion.

Good luck my man @Mytre! 🙂 

Just now, gal-m said:

Nope.. Either offset or standard, but please try to read the thread I linked.

It's pretty short + there's a nice GN video at the end which explains everything, but again, like I said: don't worry about it, just take your time, nice and slow and REAAALLLYYY try to read the instructions carefully.

P.S. not trying to be a douche by saying read the instructions, the reason I'm saying that is because they're written quite poorly and should have been written in a clearer manner in the first place, in my opinion.

Good luck my man @Mytre! 🙂 

Thanks, I watched the GN video first which had me a bit in doubt.  I am probably thinking of the b550 strix with wifi or the space for wifi , love my asrock board but the rgb and fan control software sucks so much and I should try other brands. Thank you!