Bad airflow at top-vent in the R6? (360mm aio)

Currently i have a 360mm cooler master aio in the top with the top vent open.

But im probably going to move the pc back and fourth in my house for better space

and im just thinking about removing the control panel thats sitting above the pc.

The control/remote came with the coolermaster Masterliquid 360mm aio rgb when i got it in november. But im starting to

think i actually want to close the casing/cover ontop so its more silent (minor coil-whine when using +5 gb vram memory)

Is there a way to get better cooling or better spacing for the 360mm radiator for the top-vent?

This is my current setup: (491KB so it doesnt take up too much space)

491.thumb.jpg.532b29d1f7afe2115dfbe9db64b35726.jpg

Top-vent: (1.28MB)

IMG_20210215_182258_resized_20210215_062324871.thumb.jpg.0f3b1ffbac4e40a5fcfa2731d90f123f.jpg

(I know its dusty!)

Afraid the pc will get too warm if i just close the top-cover/vent on it and leave it? The CPU never really

touched 60c but im afraid the added heat will just annoy the graphics card doing 76c under max load.

Any tips or comments regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by MultiGamerClub
added the gb to the vram explanation and a missing t letter.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

11 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Currently i have a 360mm cooler master aio in the top with the top vent open.

But im probably going to move the pc back and fourth in my house for better space

and im just thinking about removing the control panel thats sitting above the pc.

The control/remote came with the coolermaster Masterliquid 360mm aio rgb when i got it in november. But im starting to

think i actually want to close the casing/cover ontop so its more silent (minor coil-whine when using +5 gb vram memory)

Is there a way to get better cooling or better spacing for the 360mm radiator for the top-vent?

This is my current setup: (491KB so it doesnt take up too much space)

Hide contents

491.thumb.jpg.532b29d1f7afe2115dfbe9db64b35726.jpg

Top-vent: (1.28MB)

Hide contents

IMG_20210215_182258_resized_20210215_062324871.thumb.jpg.0f3b1ffbac4e40a5fcfa2731d90f123f.jpg

(I know its dusty!)

Afraid the pc will get too warm if i just close the top-cover/vent on it and leave it? The CPU never really

touched 60c but im afraid the added heat will just annoy the graphics card doing 76c under max load.

Any tips or comments regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

It's not the worst airflow out there, but as a test when you take off the top mesh does that drastically lower the temps? 

If so you may find that mounting the fans in a pull config so it draws air through the rad and more readily forces it out the mesh may help slightly.

4 hours ago, W-L said:

It's not the worst airflow out there, but as a test when you take off the top mesh does that drastically lower the temps? 

If so you may find that mounting the fans in a pull config so it draws air through the rad and more readily forces it out the mesh may help slightly.

Suprisingly having the top-vent on the r6 case only made the cpu 4c from the 50-55c near max load..

gpu was at 75-76c but its only gone up 2c.

Im kinda suprised its not gone higher.

Also, i'd rather not draw hot air on the pc itself.

I will be moving the pc soon enough to the floor but lifted 40cm so it doesnt pick up too much dust so i have space for 3 monitors.

(Will move to a 5600x in the near future too, so looking at a B550-E mobo atm)

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

19 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Suprisingly having the top-vent on the r6 case only made the cpu 4c from the 50-55c near max load..

gpu was at 75-76c but its only gone up 2c.

Im kinda suprised its not gone higher.

Also, i'd rather not draw hot air on the pc itself.

I will be moving the pc soon enough to the floor but lifted 40cm so it doesnt pick up too much dust so i have space for 3 monitors.

(Will move to a 5600x in the near future too, so looking at a B550-E mobo atm)

I would say then it's not bad, there are some cases I've seen which will have internal and component temps jump 10C with the front plate or top on them due to restriction. Overall I don't think you have too much to worry about then since at 59C on the CPU and 78C on the GPU all of those are very respectable temps. 

The one thing that may help a little is added an extra intake fan since currently you have 3 exhaust and 2 intake, making it negative pressure. Having positive pressure with good filtering on the intakes will also prevent dust infiltration.

15 hours ago, W-L said:

I would say then it's not bad, there are some cases I've seen which will have internal and component temps jump 10C with the front plate or top on them due to restriction. Overall I don't think you have too much to worry about then since at 59C on the CPU and 78C on the GPU all of those are very respectable temps. 

The one thing that may help a little is added an extra intake fan since currently you have 3 exhaust and 2 intake, making it negative pressure. Having positive pressure with good filtering on the intakes will also prevent dust infiltration.

I probably have the 140mm from the exhaust backside of the cover/cabinet's original. Will another 140mm as intake make that much of a difference?

20 hours ago, MultiGamerClub said:

I probably have the 140mm from the exhaust backside of the cover/cabinet's original. Will another 140mm as intake make that much of a difference?

It will help with balancing the airflow since you have somewhat of a deficit currently being there is only 2 intake and 3 exhaust, not to mention the front of the R6 is very restrictive due to the solid front panel. The air has to make it in via the gills or side of the front panel, having say an extra fan the rear or a bottom intake will also help a bit for the GPU.

It won't be a huge difference but in any case I'd see it as a step in the right direction in terms of airflow and if you want positive pressure with filtered intakes to prevent dust.