Headsets for glasses

iswedishleafs

I've had trouble with many headsets before because I wear glasses. A lot of headsets or headphones have huge ear cups and too much clamp pressure and cause my glasses to leave an indent in the side of my head.

I have heard that the Razer Krakens are suitable for glasses users but I don't know if they are good headsets themselves. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

My price range is less than 100 USD

hmm

Krakens have HUGE HUGE huge earcups, I used to have, them I liked them, but since then I have joined the audiophile master race with HD558'S. I wear glasses 24/7 myself, so I think 558'S are fine, but they are $128 US on amazon, so :I you can also buy a zotac clip on mic for like $10 on it.

Diamond 5 in League :)

My headset game me problems when I got my new frames, but I just stuck through it and eventually the pain went away. I think the frame arms left permanent indents on the sides of my head, lol. It's not as bad as you think though. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Buddy I suggest you buy glasses that work with headsets instead. It'll be better on the long run, because selecting headsets that suit glasses really narrows down your options. While glasses that suit headsets conform to all headsets/headphones. 

I bought frames that wouldn't be a issue myself. Now I own multiple headphones/headsets and have no problem with the glasses causing discomfort. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I have fairly thick lenses and the Logitech G430 fits comfortably

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Krakens have HUGE HUGE huge earcups, I used to have, them I liked them, but since then I have joined the audiophile master race with HD558'S. I wear glasses 24/7 myself, so I think 558'S are fine, but they are $128 US on amazon, so :I you can also buy a zotac clip on mic for like $10 on it.

The 558s sound good but i know that my HD 518's are fine and i have to wear glasses also and they are cheaper and they are around the OP's price range so i would say go for those

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

The 558s sound good but i know that my HD 518's are fine and i have to wear glasses also and they are cheaper and they are around the OP's price range so i would say go for those

I agree with him. The difference between 518s and 558s isn't huge and they are some of the most comfortable headphones out there. I'm wearing glasses most of the time I'm using them and I have no discomfort at all.

And don't get me started on how much better the sound is than a Razer headset :P

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

I agree with him. The difference between 518s and 558s isn't huge and they are some of the most comfortable headphones out there. I'm wearing glasses most of the time I'm using them and I have no discomfort at all.

And don't get me started on how much better the sound is than a Razer headset :P

Yes they do sound much better because i am came from the Razer kraken pros which is a big difference so i would go for the HD 518's

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Might I suggest IEMs? Even some IEMs worn cable over-the-ear work well with glasses. I do it and it's not a problem for me. If the IEMs you pick have an issue with microphonics (cable noise, the "thumping" sound you hear when the cable is nudged), then you want to ear over-the-ear. If you're at home gaming, then you're probably not moving around, and microphonics is less of an issue.

There are headsets/headphones that work with glasses. I can't speak from experience, but Sennheiser HD 5xx series seem to work with eyewear. Just please don't get a headset, especially from Razer. Ugh, I'd rather buy Beats than Razer.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510