RAM speed is locked, help!

Coolart1
1 hour ago, papajo said:

Good news both of your RAM modules seem to work fine 馃槢

Bad news your motherboard has an intel H110 chipset and it supports only up to 2133Mhz despite your CPU supporting upt to 2400mhz it doesnt matter mobo support comes first in this situation (actually the component with the lowest support)聽

So even if you unlock the bios you could only achieve more by overclocking which wouldnt guarantee anything working without instabilities especially since the mobo is OEM low grade one...聽

Btw I tried to find a聽ASUS G11CD-K with 12 GB of ram and couldnt find one and the supported "offtek" modules for that PC come at 4GB 8GB and 16GB you probably had 8+4 GB (which isnt ideal try to avoid in the future if possible, better to have symmetrical capacities 4+4,8+8 etc and better for the sticks to be in a kit or identical in terms of frequency latency etc)聽

I was wrong, guess it was 8 gb stick and 4gb stick. But hey, untrained human eye does wonders in mother nature!

7 minutes ago, papajo said:

I doubt that i would go faster than 2133 聽but my biggest fear is damaging something otherwise just out of curiosity I would have linked you the bios but I wipe my hands on this one聽聽馃槢

There's nothing to wash your hands of lol.

If the chipset only does 2133 or 2400mhz, the unlock won't make any difference. Bios recovery on Asus boards is super easy.聽

Although,聽 it'd probably be best to inject the bios with a programmer, either way this is really pointless.聽

Good job pointing out that fact. Thank you.