ASUS ROG Strix B550-E + Corsair Vengence Pro RGB

Go to solution Solved by gal-m,

@TrainNutter I beleive (if I'm understanding you correctly) that you've bought two of these kits: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO black DIMM kit 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL18-19-19-39 (CMW32GX4M4C3600C18)

In this case your RAM is fully supported on the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard together with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

image.thumb.png.c00dd9546241aec1409a96cc48c7dfa8.png

Hi!

I'm looking at getting the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard for my new build. In my current system, I recently purchased 4 Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 8GB 3600Mhz CL18 memory (2x 16GB kits).

Ive heard there are compatability issues with this motherboard & memory combo. Is this present with using the AMD Ryzen 5000 series? (I'll be using a Ryzen 7 5800X)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: the product code is CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 - I have 2 of these kits

Edit 2: Changed motherboard to B550-E because of Front-panel USB-C header is not included in the -F version

5 minutes ago, TrainNutter said:

I recently purchased 4 Corsair Vengence Pro RGB 8GB 3600Mhz CL18 memory (2x 16GB kits).

Ive heard there are compatability issues with this motherboard & memory combo.

Probably not, HOWEVER we can't really tell you that because the information you provided is insufficient.

Try to provide us with the SKU which looks something like this CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

We can use this to cross reference the actuall memory you bought with the QVL of your motherboard to make sure.

However I doubt it'll cause problems to be honest @TrainNutter..

@TrainNutter I beleive (if I'm understanding you correctly) that you've bought two of these kits: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO black DIMM kit 32GB, DDR4-3600, CL18-19-19-39 (CMW32GX4M4C3600C18)

In this case your RAM is fully supported on the ROG Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard together with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU.

8 minutes ago, TrainNutter said:

I'm looking at getting the ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming motherboard

If it helps for your peace-of-mind, the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro is a very stable motherboard for pretty much all RAM speeds and even RAM overclocking, and I would definitely recommend it for your use case. The board you're looking at should be able to take a 3600MHz 2-stick setup with no problem, especially at the "slower" CL18

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

2 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Oh phew!!!!

Thank you so much for your help!

Please can you attachj the link to that page? I wasnt able to find that lol

8 minutes ago, gal-m said:

Probably not, HOWEVER we can't really tell you that because the information you provided is insufficient.

Try to provide us with the SKU which looks something like this CMW16GX4M2C3200C16

We can use this to cross reference the actuall memory you bought with the QVL of your motherboard to make sure.

However I doubt it'll cause problems to be honest @TrainNutter..

I'll edit the post 1 sec

3 minutes ago, TrainNutter said:

Please can you attachj the link to that page? I wasnt able to find that lol

Here's the link for the motherboard in question @TrainNutterhttps://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

Please note for future reference: just search the motherboard you're looking for, navigate to their support page and find something called a QVL for memory (qualified vendor list). You might need to download it as a PDF, or they could have a nice handy dandy search feature.

5 minutes ago, DaJakerBoss said:

If it helps for your peace-of-mind, the Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro is a very stable motherboard for pretty much all RAM speeds and even RAM overclocking, and I would definitely recommend it for your use case. The board you're looking at should be able to take a 3600MHz 2-stick setup with no problem, especially at the "slower" CL18

Thanks!!!

Just now, gal-m said:

Here's the link for the motherboard in question @TrainNutterhttps://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-b550-f-gaming-model/helpdesk_qvl_memory

Please note for future reference: just search the motherboard you're looking for, navigate to their support page and find something called a QVL for memory (qualified vendor list). You might need to download it as a PDF, or they could have a nice handy dandy search feature.

Ah i didnt know that! thank yoouu!

If I'm seeing this correctly the CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 kits you bought aren't on ASUS's official QVL (for the B550-F motherboard you're looking for). There could be many reasons for this, mainly - QVL's tend to get old and not get updated regularly.

However I think the RAM you bought should work regardless @TrainNutter.

14 hours ago, gal-m said:

If I'm seeing this correctly the CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 kits you bought aren't on ASUS's official QVL (for the B550-F motherboard you're looking for). There could be many reasons for this, mainly - QVL's tend to get old and not get updated regularly.

However I think the RAM you bought should work regardless @TrainNutter.

thank you so much!

Also ive decided to go with the B550-E version so im able to use the front-panel USB-C which i didnt realise was a seperate header 

Annoyingly the B550-F doesnt have this header

The QVL doesnt state the exact ram i have either. Thanks for your help!