Facebook laptop for mommy

LukaP

So i need a new lappy for mummy since the old one is dying :c

the main thing it needs to do is run FB and all those crap games...

secondary features(id like to have, but none are necessary)

ability to photoshop, IPS panel, 1080p

battery doesnt really matter much, since how she uses it, there will always be a wall charger near. brand and build quality dont really matter either, since coming from the DELL Vostro A860, you cant really get worse than that xD

Budget is as low as possible ^^

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

would a ultrabook be ok too? you can run photoshop on anything^^

edit: budget would be really useful

Budget as low as possible, ok but how low ? 50€ ? Cause low as possible with a 1080P IPS panel... you know...

Check the cheap HP laptops, or even the Asus ones, they're generally good for not a lot of money :)

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

would a ultrabook be ok too? you can run photoshop on anything^^

edit: budget would be really useful

yeah an ultrabook is fine :)

You could get a Chromebook.

A better option is something like a Dell XPS 12.

how are these chromebooks, ive never even seen one IRL

ill check the dell

Budget as low as possible, ok but how low ? 50€ ? Cause low as possible with a 1080P IPS panel... you know...

Check the cheap HP laptops, or even the Asus ones, they're generally good for not a lot of money :)

hahha ok lets say up to 350€

and i said its completly optional, since its just what i prefer in PCs but she wont care :)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

yeah an ultrabook is fine :)

how are these chromebooks, ive never even seen one IRL

ill check the dell

hahha ok lets say up to 350€

and i said its completly optional, since its just what i prefer in PCs but she wont care :)

They're not bad. I have the Acer C7 version, keep in mind it is only useful for web browsing. That's it.

The actual experience is pretty good, especially for the price. For your mom I would think about something like an iPad.

Macbook obviously!

But seriously, check out these, pick the ones you like and point them out to us. 

http://www.mimovrste.com/katalog/47/prenosniki

http://www.funtech.si/si/vsi-oddelki/racunalniki/prenosni_racunalniki/

http://www.mlacom.si/prenosniki-in-oprema/prenosniki

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The actual experience is pretty good, especially for the price. For your mom I would think about something like an iPad.

she hates touch interfaces... 

Macbook obviously!

But seriously, check out these, pick the ones you like and point them out to us. 

http://www.mimovrste.com/katalog/47/prenosniki

http://www.funtech.si/si/vsi-oddelki/racunalniki/prenosni_racunalniki/

http://www.mlacom.si/prenosniki-in-oprema/prenosniki

hahahah yeah, if only :c

yeah ive seen this but i have no knowledge of mobile CPUs so ive no idea what passes as standard these days xD

currently the toshiba Satellite C50-A-1JT seems nice, but would a celeron CPU be acceptable?

hahahah yeah, if only :c

yeah ive seen this but i have no knowledge of mobile CPUs so ive no idea what passes as standard these days xD

If you're unsure, you can always use http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php for comparison

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

An haswell chromebook would be the better choice, if they are not available in your country if it is just a facebook machine you could get something with an ulv haswell core i3.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

If you're unsure, you can always use http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php for comparison

ok so apparently the celeron is a tad better than the pentium t2390 she had now :)

An haswell chromebook would be the better choice, if they are not available in your country if it is just a facebook machine you could get something with an ulv haswell core i3.

all the i3 laptops are like damn expensive :c 

You could get something slightly older for cheaper. My Dell Latitude E6500 came out of a recycling bin missing parts but it's still going well after a couple years. (Battery still good, only wear is cosmetic, nothing broken, etc.) (Latitudes are mostly good, other newer Dell's aren't really that good.) A D630 would also be good. (Just don't get one with Nvidia graphics.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245