Really bad artifacts on different graphics cards.

Cripyix
Go to solution Solved by Cripyix,
39 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Possible? Absolutely. Way to prove this? I have no idea...

Ok, so I'm going to contact motherboard manufacturers supports. Hope a new motherboard fix this issue. I just wanted to say thank you for all your help, thanks thanks thanks. Going to post when I get the motherboard 😉

Hello, I just bought a PC one year ago, but, after 6-7 months, I had this "inverse Ghosting"/"Corona artifacts" showing in every single case. When I move the cursor, for example, there's a white trail behind it and it's really annoying. Anyways my main suspect was the monitor and I just sent it to it's manufacturers and got motherboard replacement. I just find out that the same problem is still here so I tried everything and I find out that I still have this artifact with others monitors or cables. So I tried to use the monitor and the pc in a different outlet without success. I thought that the card would be the problem but trying with the Intel Integrated graphics I run into the same problem. The problem persists into the BIOS screen so I think that the OS is not causing the problem. I might think that the Motherboard is the problem because both PCIe and integrated have the same issue. This is really annoying and I'm desperate because I don't really know how to fix that.

(I did never overclocked anything and I'm not using G-Sync)

Here are the list of my components:

CPU - i7-9700K

GPU - MSI GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC 

RAM - G.SKILL TRIDENT Z 16GB DDR4 C15 3200MHz RGB

POWER SUPPLY - Seasonic Focus+ Gold 750W

MOTHERBOARD - Asrock Z390 Extreme4

SSD - SAMSUNG MZ-76Q1T0 860 QVO 1TB

HDD - WESTERN DIGITAL BLU 1TB, 7200RPM, SATA 6 GB/S, 64 MB CACHE, 3.5 

AUDIO - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER Z PCI-EXPRESS

MONITOR - SAMSUNG C27RG50 CURVED 27"

Here is something I tried to do to solve:

Swapped Monitors

Swapped cables

Using different outlet

Fresh install of Windows 10

Updating all drivers

Updating BIOS

Loading default BIOS settings

Used DDU to uninstall drivers

8 minutes ago, Cripyix said:

This is really annoying

Looks like mouse trails enabled.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Looks like mouse trails enabled.

I'm gonna try this when I get home, anyways I don't think that's the problem because I too get this artifact in game. If mouse trails are not the problem could the motherboard be broken?

2 hours ago, Cripyix said:

I'm gonna try this when I get home, anyways I don't think that's the problem because I too get this artifact in game. If mouse trails are not the problem could the motherboard be broken?

I wouldn't jump right to the mobo being an issue, no

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

22 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I wouldn't jump right to the mobo being an issue, no

Mouse trails option isn't the issue. It was deactivated and anyways I still get this ghosting effect too in the BIOS screen. Outlet is not the problem cause I tried with a UPS and nothing changed. If both cards have the same issue, so I might exclude the graphics card to be faulty, I don't really know what's the issue.. 

1 minute ago, Cripyix said:

Mouse trails option isn't the issue. It was deactivated and anyways I still get this ghosting effect too in the BIOS screen. Outlet is not the problem cause I tried with a UPS and nothing changed. If both cards have the same issue, so I might exclude the graphics card to be faulty, I don't really know what's the issue.. 

Have you tried a different mouse?

Does this issue occur under a LiveUSB environment of Linux Mint, for example? If it does, then it's definitely a hardware issue, if it doesn't, it's software

21 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Have you tried a different mouse?

Does this issue occur under a LiveUSB environment of Linux Mint, for example? If it does, then it's definitely a hardware issue, if it doesn't, it's software

I tried with different mouse's with no results, I tried to reinstall windows with no results. I didn't try a bootable USB because I get the problem in the BIOS screen so I don't think that the software is the problem. I'm going to try a bootable USB so. Anyways I found out that my screen flickers between Google Chrome and the game when I'm loading it. I don't know if this could help finding what's the problem.

I tried with different mouse's with no results, I tried to reinstall windows with no results. I didn't try a bootable USB because I get the problem in the BIOS screen so I don't think that the software is the problem. I'm going to try a bootable USB so. Anyways I found out that my screen flickers between Google Chrome and the game when I'm loading it. I don't know if this could help finding what's the problem.

Got a spare GFX card laying about you can test with?

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Got a spare GFX card laying about you can test with?

Do you mean a GTX card? I tried a 1060 GTX and it's still the same.

Just now, Cripyix said:

Do you mean a GTX card? I tried a 1060 GTX and it's still the same.

GFX = graphics (old slang)

1 minute ago, ragnarok0273 said:

Did you replace the cable?
I didn't see it mentioned.

Yes, I just used different Display Port Cables in both integrated and dedicated cards and too HDMI and still got the same issue.

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

GFX = graphics (old slang)

I don't really know what you mean, sorry, I'm not native English speaker, I'm Italian ;(. If you meant to using a different graphics cards I did without success.

Just now, Cripyix said:

I don't really know what you mean, sorry, I'm not native English speaker, I'm Italian ;(. If you meant to using a different graphics cards I did without success.

Ah, Italian! Love your cars, used to own many Alfas, Lancias Abarths (the original ones) the odd Maserati and a 308GT4.

Anyway, yes, a different graphics card, if you've tried all of those, then it's either the mobo or the CPU that's bad.

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Ah, Italian! Love your cars, used to own many Alfas, Lancias Abarths (the original ones) the odd Maserati and a 308GT4.

Anyway, yes, a different graphics card, if you've tried all of those, then it's either the mobo or the CPU that's bad.

I love our cars too! Alfas are extremely good, I love that type of car. Anyways yes tried everything, could the CPU cause this problem to be shown in both graphics cards? I mean it is possible that a faulty CPU do this ghosting artifacts in its integrated card and PCIe cards? I just find out that some rgb LEDs on the motherboard doesn't work correctly anymore, one of them only want to display red colour. May this be a signal of a dying motherboard? I mean, at this point could be too RAMs or PSU I think.

2 minutes ago, Cripyix said:

I love our cars too! Alfas are extremely good, I love that type of car. Anyways yes tried everything, could the CPU cause this problem to be shown in both graphics cards? I mean it is possible that a faulty CPU do this ghosting artifacts in its integrated card and PCIe cards? I just find out that some rgb LEDs on the motherboard doesn't work correctly anymore, one of them only want to display red colour. May this be a signal of a dying motherboard? I mean, at this point could be too RAMs or PSU I think.

That's the fun part about issues, it's narrowing down where the issue is.

Didn't you mention in the 1st post that you changed the motherboard? I would be mighty surprised that you got 2 bad motherboards...

That's the fun part about issues, it's narrowing down where the issue is.

Didn't you mention in the 1st post that you changed the motherboard? I would be mighty surprised that you got 2 bad motherboards...

No, I never changed motherboard.

5 minutes ago, Cripyix said:

No, I never changed motherboard.

Well, still could be a bad CPU, or mobo.

I've never seen RAM cause something like this. But RAM can be tested easily with MemTest86 to rule that out

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well, still could be a bad CPU, or mobo.

I've never seen RAM cause something like this. But RAM can be tested easily with MemTest86 to rule that out

Well, so I'm going to try to run this program. There are some other tests I can do for CPU, PSU or maybe motherboard?

Well, so I'm going to try to run this program. There are some other tests I can do for CPU, PSU or maybe motherboard?

Sort of, MemTest86 will rule out your RAM right away (or find it to be at fault) but things like Prime95 and 3DMark will simply stress various components, and if they are weak, the program will crash or produce artifacts. As far as I know there isn't anything that can directly say "Your motherboard is bad, and here is why" only by process of elimination.

Sort of, MemTest86 will rule out your RAM right away (or find it to be at fault) but things like Prime95 and 3DMark will simply stress various components, and if they are weak, the program will crash or produce artifacts. As far as I know there isn't anything that can directly say "Your motherboard is bad, and here is why" only by process of elimination.

Ok, going to try some benchmarks and see if I get any errors. If I don't receive any type of error what I'm supposed to do?

Ok, going to try some benchmarks and see if I get any errors. If I don't receive any type of error what I'm supposed to do?

If things are working like we expect, then chances are good the RAM, GPU and CPU are ok, and we'd be then forced to conclude a bad mobo.

Test with RAM first, because that's easy. We'll work on the rest, after MemTest86 gives the green light to your RAM

2 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

If things are working like we expect, then chances are good the RAM, GPU and CPU are ok, and we'd be then forced to conclude a bad mobo.

Test with RAM first, because that's easy. We'll work on the rest, after MemTest86 gives the green light to your RAM

Understood, I'm going to try in a bit, thanks for the help, I'm going to post when I finish doing memtest

8 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Okay, just finished 4 hours of tests with MemTest86. I just removed one piece of RAM and did the test with once and then with the other one. I passed the test with no errors so I think RAMs cannot be the problem. What am I supposed to do now? Running Prime95 and 3DMark? 

20210210_213433.jpg

41 minutes ago, Cripyix said:

I passed the test with no errors so I think RAMs cannot be the problem. What am I supposed to do now? Running Prime95 and 3DMark? 

OK, good news on the RAM. I'd look for a program to check the CPU for errors. As it turns out, Intel has a neat little program, let me dig it up for you.

Hold Please!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005567/processors.html

I'd start with that, if it says "PASS", then give Prime95 a swing for a bit (warning!!!!! Prime95 will raise your temps by a LOT, ensure you have solid cooling!)

Report back your findings.