PC part recommendations

Maxb0tbeep
Go to solution Solved by Entropy.,
17 minutes ago, Maxb0tbeep said:

Hello! I would like to build a PC for school and gaming (gaming mostly, I just would use it for school for the second purpose) My budget is around $1000 but it would be nice if i could save some money if I can. This would be my first ever PC I would build so I have no idea what parts I should use... (like brands and models and stuff, I know what a PC needs, just not what to pick) I would not need a super powerful computer as I would be only playing mostly Apex, Minecraft, Siege, and a bit of Warzone, though future proofing for games would be cool. I have a 1080p monitor and I need only 60fps to be satisfied, though it is 144Hz, so I can go higher if my budget works. I would also like to be able to livestream and make youtube videos

Thanks!

(Yes this is a repost, I accidentally posted the original one in general discussion, but I deleted it)

The problem with this list is that a lot of components are right now overpriced, and you might need to wait a few months to get them

Hello! I would like to build a PC for school and gaming (gaming mostly, I just would use it for school for the second purpose) My budget is around $1000 but it would be nice if i could save some money if I can. This would be my first ever PC I would build so I have no idea what parts I should use... (like brands and models and stuff, I know what a PC needs, just not what to pick) I would not need a super powerful computer as I would be only playing mostly Apex, Minecraft, Siege, and a bit of Warzone, though future proofing for games would be cool. I have a 1080p monitor and I need only 60fps to be satisfied, though it is 144Hz, so I can go higher if my budget works. I would also like to be able to livestream and make youtube videos

Thanks!

(Yes this is a repost, I accidentally posted the original one in general discussion, but I deleted it)

5 minutes ago, Maxb0tbeep said:

Thanks!

Hey buddy!

Very exciting times building your first pc rig! I’ll get a list up for you, does your budget include monitor and peripherals (keyboard and mouse)? 

Welcome to the world of PC’s!

Cheers!

2 minutes ago, Robslav said:

Hey buddy!

Very exciting times building your first pc rig! I’ll get a list up for you, does your budget include monitor and peripherals (keyboard and mouse)? 

Cheers!

Thanks! I already have my peripherals (I currently have a Mac mini) so no need for that, just the PC is what I need 🙂

3 minutes ago, Robslav said:

Hey buddy!

Cheers!

Just noticed you said you already have a monitor! My apologies 😅

Just now, Robslav said:

Just noticed you said you already have a monitor! My apologies 😅

no problem! 🙂

Just now, Maxb0tbeep said:

no problem! 🙂

So in terms of the current climate many prices of components have gone up quite significantly, so gpu prices especially and ryzen chips are a lot more expensive, intel was a good choice a few years ago but lacks the same competitive edge compared to ryzen, plus ryzen is a very good very streaming!

have a look buddy and see what you think!

Just now, Robslav said:

So in terms of the current climate many prices of components have gone up quite significantly, so gpu prices especially and ryzen chips are a lot more expensive, intel was a good choice a few years ago but lacks the same competitive edge compared to ryzen, plus ryzen is a very good very streaming!

Wow! thanks a ton!

Just now, Robslav said:

yeah... that list has a few problems. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

17 minutes ago, Maxb0tbeep said:

Thanks!

The problem with this list is that a lot of components are right now overpriced, and you might need to wait a few months to get them

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

yeah... that list has a few problems. 

Oh really, always looking of ways to improve my recommendations!

Just now, Brok3n But who cares? said:

oh ok

5 minutes ago, Robslav said:

Would not reccomend the 3600, the 10400f is cheaper and does basically the same thing- It's around $150, has the same amount of cores/threads, comes with a cpu cooler, and performs better in most applications- the ram is overpriced and also LPX, which isn't great at hitting rated frequencies, a for $10 more you could get a 2tb hdd, the 1660S is like 2x more than it should be, the NZXT h510's airflow is basically nuff, making it a well, not a great case, since the components inside would basically bake. 

1 minute ago, Maxb0tbeep said:

can you... explain why?

Posted above. 

Posted above. 

yes sorry, I posted that before It refreshed

But aren’t the 3000 series cards pretty hard to get rn especially at base price? The 3600 has been a very good cpu for bang for your buck, and included a very decent stock cooler to go with that, in terms of case I was just going with popularity, heard good things but airflow could be an issue, in terms of everything else yeah, the problem might of been I changed my UK price list to us, might of made some differences. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Robslav said:

But aren’t the 3000 series cards pretty hard to get rn especially at base price? The 3600 has been a very good cpu for bang for your buck, and included a very decent stock cooler to go with that, in terms of case I was just going with popularity, heard good things but airflow could be an issue, in terms of everything else yeah, the problem might of been I changed my UK price list to us, might of made some differences. 🙂

"But aren’t the 3000 series cards pretty hard to get rn especially at base price?" Yes, they are, but I did mention that above. Would rather wait for a 3000 series card than pay 2x more for somewhat of an outdated one.

"The 3600 has been a very good cpu for bang for your buck, and included a very decent stock cooler to go with that, in terms of case I was just going with popularity." Nobody's saying it's not a good cpu, it's just that there are better out there for the money. 

13 minutes ago, Robslav said:

the gpu, their selling rx460 4gb on ebay for $90, if you want a respecteble gpu id get it 

-> Moved to New Builds and Planning

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv