First PC building problems. Wont post. Please help.

Taemero

My PC won't post....

The DRAM light on the Motherboard (ASUS TUF Gaming x570) is on and I've tried the following:

- Insert 1 RAM stick in each slot

- Start up with the CLRTC pins connected with a screwdriver

- Checked the compatibility of my RAM with my motherboard

All lights of RAM, PC, and VGC are working as well as the fans for the CPU, VGC, and case. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB DUAL OC Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1067.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-08 17:50 EST-0500

1 minute ago, Taemero said:

My PC won't post....

The DRAM light on the Motherboard (ASUS TUF Gaming x570) is on and I've tried the following:

- Insert 1 RAM stick in each slot

- Start up with the CLRTC pins connected with a screwdriver

- Checked the compatibility of my RAM with my motherboard

All lights of RAM, PC, and VGC are working as well as the fans for the CPU, VGC, and case. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($299.00) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($199.00 @ B&H) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($134.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB DUAL OC Video Card 
Case: NZXT H510i ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($124.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1067.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-08 17:50 EST-0500

Sounds to me like your bios needs to be updated.  

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

Just now, Zusafek said:

Sounds to me like your bios needs to be updated.  

How do I do that? I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the lastest driver to a flashdrive but if the screen is black how can I update the motherboard? I also hit the delete key multiple times and nothing happens

14 minutes ago, Taemero said:

How do I do that? I went to the ASUS website and downloaded the lastest driver to a flashdrive but if the screen is black how can I update the motherboard? I also hit the delete key multiple times and nothing happens

You generally need a compatible CPU to update the BIOS. Some motherboards have a dedicated button that allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed using a specifically formatted flash drive. Your motherboard, unfotunately, does not. 

If you bought it in a store, take it back and ask if they'll flash it for you. Otherwise you have three options. Try your luck with another board, get a board that supports BIOS flashback (off a USB with no CPU installed), or return your CPU to buy a Ryzen 7 3700x instead. 

Some motherboards will say 'Ryzen 5000 ready on the box'. That means they already have an updated BIOS from the factory. Get one of those? 

6 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

You generally need a compatible CPU to update the BIOS. Some motherboards have a dedicated button that allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed using a specifically formatted flash drive. Your motherboard, unfotunately, does not. 

If you bought it in a store, take it back and ask if they'll flash it for you. Otherwise you have three options. Try your luck with another board, get a board that supports BIOS flashback (off a USB with no CPU installed), or return your CPU to buy a Ryzen 7 3700x instead. 

Some motherboards will say 'Ryzen 5000 ready on the box'. That means they already have an updated BIOS from the factory. Get one of those? 

Thank you for this info!

I thought my motherboard with compatible with the new gen CPU :(.

If I take the whole PC to a microcenter (even thought I bought the MOBO from newegg) can they update the bios?

If not I guess the only solution would be to change either the CPU or MOBO right?