New Build Thoughts (updated due to Jaslion's suggestion)

milamber1971

Budget (including currency): £2000+

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Overwatch, Dead by Daylight, Cyberpunk 2077, Wolfenstein : The New Order, Hearthstone, Final Fantasy XIV, and various other games

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Current Spec:

Intel i5-8600
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz DDR4
Gigabyte Z370P Motherboard
MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
Corsair Carbide 400C
3 x LL120 RGB Fans
BenQ Zowie XL2430T
Seagate Firecuda 2TB
250GB WD Blue 3D Nand M.2
Corsair RM750x PSU
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

The above system would be going to someone else to be adapted for special needs, the only thing i would be keeping from this current system is my Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2 keyboard and my Corsair M65 RGB Pro mouse, so i am looking at a completely new build below:-

New System Spec

CPU: Intel i7-10700k/Intel i5-10600k if i go the intel route or Ryzen 7 5800X/Ryzen 5 5600X if i go the AMD route
MB: MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wifi if going intel or ASUS RoG Strix X-570E if AMD
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz or Kingston HyperX Predator 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz or Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz
CPU COOLER: BeQUIET Dark Rock Pro 4 or Noctua NH-D15S Chromax or Noctua NH-U12A
SSD: WD Black SN750 2TB M.2 2280 or Firecuda 510 2TB PCIe 3.0 or Firecuda 520 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM
CASE: Corsair iCUE 4000x or Lian-Li Lancool Mesh or Phanteks Eclipse P500 or Corsair iCUE 465x
PSU: Corsair RMx 1000w
RGB Lighting: Corsair iCUE QL120 x6 or Corsair iCUE LL120 x3 (if I use the 3 x LL120 I have in my current build)
Monitor: Gigabyte G32QC-EK32

Thoughts, ideas and feedback would be recommended

No mention of new GPU... I'd go for a 3070 with the monitor you've chosen. They seem to be the easiest to come by on www.overclockers.co.uk

Intel Core i7-13700F | ASUS Z690M PLUS D4 | 2x16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz CL16 | Zotac RTX 4070 Super 12GB | WD SN770 2TB SSD | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum | Fractal Focus G Mini Case | Alienware 27" 1440p 240Hz G-SYNC Ultimate | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers | Windows 11 Pro

@jaslion is the man!

Quick tip - there is almost no situation in which you will need a 1000w PSU. Keep in mind that PSUs are most efficient around 80 or 90% of their max rated capacity, so if your system pulls 400w, a 500w bronze PSU will probably run more efficiently than a 1500w platinum. Save your money and get a PSU that matches your desired wattage.

Unless the person you're donating your existing PC is to is inclined to do some heavy gaming, I would keep the GTX 1070. New and used GPU prices are abysmal and not getting better anytime soon, so I would hang onto that. 

I also question the judgement of a 2tb fast NVMe drive... Beyond a certain point, load times don't benefit from SSD speed, you could arguably get a decent 2.5" SSD and not notice the difference. I'd get a smaller NVMe boot drive and save some money by buying a 2.5" drive - one of the cheaper samsungs is great - for storage.

2 minutes ago, SkillTim said:

No mention of new GPU... I'd go for a 3070 with the monitor you've chosen. They seem to be the easiest to come by on www.overclockers.co.uk

Try maxing out CB2077 at 1440p on a 3070 lol. Plus it's a 2000 euro budget. Unless he's willing to pay scalper prices instead of waiting for stock, he should be getting a 3080. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

2 minutes ago, SkillTim said:

Literally the only graphics cards in stock on Overclockers right now are... an RX 580 with a clown-ass price of £359.99, 10x 1050 Tis being sold at £179.99 apiece, and some GT 1030s and 710s for the truly desperate.

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Try maxing out CB2077 at 1440p on a 3070 lol. Plus it's a 2000 euro budget. Unless he's willing to pay scalper prices instead of waiting for stock, he should be getting a 3080. 

Idk why you would want to 'max out' any modern games, most of all Cyberpunk with its invisible RTX... Unless you like to spend your time in games spending hours ogling at the at the 'pretty temporal anti aliasing of the shadows in the reflections' or the 'state of the art ambient occlusion of the base of that barrel' ... Medium and Ultra will look virtually identical during gameplay. 

17 minutes ago, SkillTim said:

would be looking at an rtx 3070 or rtx 3080 this build will be bought over the period of this year, so no great urgency

10 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

Idk why you would want to 'max out' any modern games, most of all Cyberpunk with its invisible RTX... Unless you like to spend your time in games spending hours ogling at the at the 'pretty temporal anti aliasing of the shadows in the reflections' or the 'state of the art ambient occlusion of the base of that barrel' ... Medium and Ultra will look virtually identical during gameplay. 

That's not the point. Even on medium 1440p the rtx 3070 will be hovering somewhere above ~80fps. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

I'd reccomend something like this. Do what you wish with the rest of the budget, if you want more storage, sure. More ram? No problem. replaced the tower cooler with an aio since this will perform better, It's a similar price, and it's more convenient. RAM is CL16 3200mhz and rgb, 3600mhz cl16 is just way too expensive (30 more) and It's RGB because it's the cheapest kit there is that meets the spec.
You might not really need that CPU and you can cut it down to a 5600x if you wish, and if you do that you can get rid of the cpu cooler if you want, too. 

17 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

PCPartPicker Part List

Thanks for that, will right down the parts you've listed and use that in weighing up options

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£409.99 @ AWD-IT) 
CPU Cooler: Alpenföhn Brocken 3 60.62 CFM CPU Cooler  (£50.13 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£159.66 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Klevv BOLT X 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£111.97 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (£86.64 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£46.98 @ CCL Computers) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB Founders Edition Video Card  (£700.00) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  (£79.98 @ Box Limited) 
Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£107.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £1753.34
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-08 00:19 GMT+0000

16 hours ago, Aereldor said:

Literally the only graphics cards in stock on Overclockers right now are... an RX 580 with a clown-ass price of £359.99, 10x 1050 Tis being sold at £179.99 apiece, and some GT 1030s and 710s for the truly desperate.

You obviously aren't in the know about their secret stock. I was going to share it but now I need to buy more GPUs, sorry.

Intel Core i7-13700F | ASUS Z690M PLUS D4 | 2x16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz CL16 | Zotac RTX 4070 Super 12GB | WD SN770 2TB SSD | Fractal ION+ 860W Platinum | Fractal Focus G Mini Case | Alienware 27" 1440p 240Hz G-SYNC Ultimate | Logitech THX 2.1 Speakers | Windows 11 Pro

10 minutes ago, SkillTim said:

You obviously aren't in the know about their secret stock. I was going to share it but now I need to buy more GPUs, sorry.

I have found the mining illuminati