Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller #3 stuck at 100mbps

Carson Tate

my ethernet is stuck at under 100mbps when i get 400 mbps on my phone, i have tried setting the speed and duplex at 1.0 Gbps and nothing worked, it says it is rated at 1000 mbps but i somehow cannot get it to more than 100. ive updated the drivers to the latest, my ethernet cable is a cat 5e cable, ive checked the router settings and ports, nothing seems to work. my motherboard i have is the b350m bazooka if that gives any help. I have seen multiple people with this problem and somehow still cannot find the solution. 

Is your Router actually 1Gbps ported or 100Mbps Ported? You didn't mention this.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Is your Router actually 1Gbps ported or 100Mbps Ported? You didn't mention this.

how do i check this

check the specification

it should say its 100 Mbps or 1Gbps

2 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

how do i check this

It should say so on the Box,..
Or...
Whats the Router Manufacturer and Model?
I'd look it up to find out.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

3 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/routers/rax70/

this should be the exact one, just got it yesterday

Yeah it's a Gigabit Router.
5 Ports with 1Gbps Capabilities

https://www.netgear.com/media/RAX70_tcm148-106712.pdf

Have you another cable to test?

13 hours ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Yeah it's a Gigabit Router.
5 Ports with 1Gbps Capabilities

https://www.netgear.com/media/RAX70_tcm148-106712.pdf

Have you another cable to test?

i tested another cable and its still capped at 100mbps, i have this screenshot of it at 100mbps, the odd thing is that the motherboard stated that it supports up to 1000mbps image.png.31146621dd62303256d2d273293562d6.png

51 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

i tested another cable and its still capped at 100mbps, i have this screenshot of it at 100mbps, the odd thing is that the motherboard stated that it supports up to 1000mbps image.png.31146621dd62303256d2d273293562d6.png

Unless the motherboard is pretty old I would suspect it has gigabit as well. Have you tried updating your lan drivers? 

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

Unless the motherboard is pretty old I would suspect it has gigabit as well. Have you tried updating your lan drivers? 

i have updated the drivers, the msi b350m bazooka that i have says it is capable of 1000mbps

4 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

i have updated the drivers, the msi b350m bazooka that i have says it is capable of 1000mbps

This is with a new cable correct? Is there anything between the computer and the router/modem like a switch? What is the length of said cable?

7 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

This is with a new cable correct? Is there anything between the computer and the router/modem like a switch? What is the length of said cable?

ive tried multiple cables, cat5e and cat6, both around 10 feet, the ethernet is directly connected to the router and to the pc

3 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

ive tried multiple cables, cat5e and cat6, both around 10 feet

Try a different port on router.

Try resetting the router to default settings.

Try making a bootable linux usb drive and see what speeds you get on it

Update bios

check bios settings

If all else fails consider it could be the ethernet port on your mobo and try a pci-e / usb one.

Just a few more things to test or look in to

3 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Try a different port on router.

Try resetting the router to default settings.

Try making a bootable linux usb drive and see what speeds you get on it

Update bios

check bios settings

If all else fails consider it could be the ethernet port on your mobo and try a pci-e / usb one.

Just a few more things to test or look in to

ive tried every port, updated the bios, and we just got the router 2 days ago. might just have to get a new motherboard since i was gonna get one soon anyways

14 hours ago, Carson Tate said:

ive tried every port, updated the bios, and we just got the router 2 days ago. might just have to get a new motherboard since i was gonna get one soon anyways

Does the router perhaps have Energy Efficient Ethernet or other power saving technology?  If so, is there any option to disable it?  It can cause issues sometimes.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

On 2/8/2021 at 9:48 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

Does the router perhaps have Energy Efficient Ethernet or other power saving technology?  If so, is there any option to disable it?  It can cause issues sometimes.

no, this happened with our old router and is still happening, i got a ethernet card to plug into my pc, and even that didnt work, 100% the motherboard and/or ethernet inside the motherboard

14 minutes ago, Carson Tate said:

no, this happened with our old router and is still happening, i got a ethernet card to plug into my pc, and even that didnt work, 100% the motherboard and/or ethernet inside the motherboard

You're connnected directly from PC to Router or do you use any wall plugs?
check realtek drivers
https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/network-interface-controllers-10-100-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

If you tried differend card it has to be cable. 

New driver installation should reset all nic configuration like duplex, auto negociation etc.

image.png.dcd280e854a95efe1ce2fe175f803340.png

Main;Ryzen 2700X, ASROCK X370 KillerSLI,48GB DDR4 2933Mhz, Sapphire 5700XT Pulse,CM SilentPro M2 720W+Fractal Core 3000, Philips 346P1CRH
Server1: Atermiter X99,Intel Xeon E5-2650LV3 12core,56GB DDR4 RDIMM 2133Mhz
Denon AVC-A11XV|UDM-PRO|Zyxel XGS1930-28

16 hours ago, Carson Tate said:

What kind of ethernet card?  If it was the same chipset as the onboard then it could be exhibiting the same problem.  This is why when people want an extra PCIe ethernet card Intel models are usually recommended as they typically are more reliable.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7