Anyone has the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Waifu4Life

One of the major issue with bluetooth controllers is that if it turns off while your game is off (during a long bathroom break for example), depending on the game, you may not be able to use it again until you quit and restart the game. Would the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 prevent such an issue since a dongle is basically plugged in?

Cheers

I have one and use it for an xbox guitar hero controller to play clone hero. I've never had any connection issues even when it turns itself off. I just hit the xbox button and it reconnects. If possible though I would recommend just playing with your controller wired to your PC. Bluetooth has never been good to me. 

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K 3.7 GHz 10-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING ATX LGA1200 Motherboard 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

Storage: 6 various HDDs and SSDs
Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix 3090
Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL 
Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 1000w
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED 49"
Keyboard: Logitech G915 
Mouse: Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
Headphones: Sennheiser RS 175

Mic: Blue Yeti

5 minutes ago, MrSimplicity said:

I have one and use it for an xbox guitar hero controller to play clone hero. I've never had any connection issues even when it turns itself off. I just hit the xbox button and it reconnects. If possible though I would recommend just playing with your controller wired to your PC. Bluetooth has never been good to me. 

Like I said, it depends on the game. If it's not too much trouble, when you have the time, could you double check the Windows Game Controller (see pic) when you XBOX controller is off to see if you still see it in there or not.

Cheers

2021-02-07 02_35_18-Game Controllers.png

Okay well if that's the case, yeah some games are like that. When I disconnected the controller it disappeared. So If this is an issue I would recommend what I said before and just connect your controller via a usb cable. that's the only way it won't disconnect.

CPU Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUO III 360 ARGB White Edition All-in-one AIO Liquid CPU Cooler
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory Boosted to 4400MHz

i use the xbox usb adapter too and i never have connection issues even when it turns off. but i like it wireless compared to wired. i use the xbox adapter to pass thru audio too sometimes.

1 minute ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

i use the xbox usb adapter too and i never have connection issues even when it turns off. but i like it wireless compared to wired. i use the xbox adapter to pass thru audio too sometimes.

yeah, his problem though is some games when his controller disconnects he has to restart the game. Some games really are that stupid when it comes to controllers.

that is why i use the steam overlay. once the xbox controller is connected i hit the xbox button and it resets the controller inputs and it works. i have a few games i have to do this for.

1 minute ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

that is why i use the steam overlay. once the xbox controller is connected i hit the xbox button and it resets the controller inputs and it works. i have a few games i have to do this for.

Then if he comes back you might have to explain that too him

8 hours ago, rabbitanarchy14 said:

I don't like using Steam in big picture mode and most of my games aren't on Steam anyway (I tend to go DRM-Free whenever I can).

33 minutes ago, the_importer said:

I don't like using Steam in big picture mode and most of my games aren't on Steam anyway (I tend to go DRM-Free whenever I can).

Then you're going to have to wire it. Or find a way to keep your controller from disconnecting in the first place.

4 hours ago, MrSimplicity said:

Then you're going to have to wire it. Or find a way to keep your controller from disconnecting in the first place.

Pretty much that.