Razer mice, Worth Getting?

satdarn101
Go to solution Solved by Slottr,

I'm not sure I'd use any other mouse from Razer aside from the viper ultimate- but I do really like that mouse.

If you want other wireless options, look at the G305, G603 or G703. They're all very good mice.

I have been looking into solving a long tangled mess of mine, my current set up is my gaming machine and a laptop i use for school, soo to switch around a lot of my usb peripherals i have been using a thunderbolt usb hub, i have since then gotten a wirer less keyboard but my trusty wired dell mouse needs a refresh, both my computers have bluetooth soo the razer basilisk x hyperspeed looked like a good option, anyone with experience with razer mice or the razer basilisk x hyperspeed, is it any good for gaming and as a daily driver, if not any other recommendations.

For gaming, Bluetooth isn’t a good option. It has a lot of latency and doesn’t always have the most stable connection. I’ve found that the Logitech G603 is a good wireless mouse, or there is a more expensive version of the Razer Basilisk that have wireless USB and Bluetooth.

i know, the latency of my mouse won't be the bottleneck of my system running a 1030, its more for the sake ease of use, but i have seen G603 go for okay prices, but i have good experience with other Razer products and wondering if their mice are any good. thank you for your time

1 minute ago, satdarn101 said:

i know, the latency of my mouse won't be the bottleneck of my system running a 1030, its more for the sake ease of use, but i have seen G603 go for okay prices, but i have good experience with other Razer products and wondering if their mice are any good. thank you for your time

If latency isn’t a problem then yes, that mouse is good. Most Razer mice are

I'm not sure I'd use any other mouse from Razer aside from the viper ultimate- but I do really like that mouse.

If you want other wireless options, look at the G305, G603 or G703. They're all very good mice.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

7 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I used to main the Razer DeathAdder like some sort of streamer, for years I would just keep buying them, I have about 4 barely working-broken mouses of the same make. They are pretty cheap too, with expensive options that last for a while. I recently decided to break my addiction and bought a Gwolves hati 2020 edition honeycomb lightweight mouse 10/10 would recommend.

edit: I once used one so much to the point where the clickers where white because the black paint had worn away

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/qJB4Xv

CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($269.00 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Case: Thermaltake V200 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($79.98 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 
Total: $2338.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-08 10:04 EST-0500

18 minutes ago, Yo soy Jack said:

I used to main the Razer DeathAdder like some sort of streamer, for years I would just keep buying them, I have about 4 barely working-broken mouses of the same make. They are pretty cheap too, with expensive options that last for a while. I recently decided to break my addiction and bought a Gwolves hati 2020 edition honeycomb lightweight mouse 10/10 would recommend.

edit: I once used one so much to the point where the clickers where white because the black paint had worn away

Honeycomb is such a different breed. I got to try out a Model O and Model D a little while ago and honestly am still blown away by how friggen light those things are

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 hours ago, satdarn101 said:

I have been looking into solving a long tangled mess of mine, my current set up is my gaming machine and a laptop i use for school, soo to switch around a lot of my usb peripherals i have been using a thunderbolt usb hub, i have since then gotten a wirer less keyboard but my trusty wired dell mouse needs a refresh, both my computers have bluetooth soo the razer basilisk x hyperspeed looked like a good option, anyone with experience with razer mice or the razer basilisk x hyperspeed, is it any good for gaming and as a daily driver, if not any other recommendations.

well, if you want a wireless mouse, you would want to get a razer viper ultimate, or a logitech g502 hero wireless

3 hours ago, Slottr said:

Honeycomb is such a different breed. I got to try out a Model O and Model D a little while ago and honestly am still blown away by how friggen light those things are

Yeah, i've thrown this mouse across my desk on accident more times than I can count. well maybe not "thrown" but aggressively slid across the entire desk

CPU Cooler: MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 240R 78.73 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($109.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($394.98 @ Amazon) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (4 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory  ($174.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB GAMING X TRIO Video Card  ($869.99 @ Staples) 
Power Supply: Asus 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($229.64) 

1 hour ago, Yo soy Jack said:

Yeah, i've thrown this mouse across my desk on accident more times than I can count. well maybe not "thrown" but aggressively slid across the entire desk

"Flicked" a little too hard

6 hours ago, Slottr said:

"Flicked" a little too hard

lol