gigabyte gp-p850gm 850W. Is actually good, Or an explosive box?

Big-Boy
Go to solution Solved by SavageNeo,

i would sell them for cheap. they are pretty bad. they will work with APUS and low power parts just fine, but not with rtx 3000 series. nto a change

I've been seeing this PSU everywhere. Especially with RTX 3000 GPUs bundles. My question is this PSU any good?. According to what I've heard it uses capacitors from an unknown manufacturer and it advertised as a hydraulic dynamic bearing but it's actually a rifle bearing. 

Is this PSU usable?. I have a couple of them lying around, should i use them for builds or get rid of them?

i would sell them for cheap. they are pretty bad. they will work with APUS and low power parts just fine, but not with rtx 3000 series. nto a change

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

50 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Wow... I didn't know that they were this bad. Thanks.

No, it's not the capacitors. It's the main switching MOSFET that are from Jilin Sino Microelectronics which apparently makes crappy MOSFETs.

15 minutes ago, kriptominer said:

how about gigabyte's aorus series? are any better?  GP-AP850GM

It's good, maybe not as good as the standard choices such as CWT GPU PSUs but it's fine to use on a gaming system. It has problems on 110% loads and DC power sequencing, it's also not very quiet but other than that it's good.