PC build for Blender 3d design, animation and rendering, VR video creation(180 3D, 360) for EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING 8GB GDDR6

E3000

Budget (including currency): $2K to $3K USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  Blender, Adobe and few pc VR games

Other details thus far i have only 1 device ordered and coming soon: EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 XC3 ULTRA GAMING 8GB GDDR6

1. Budget & Location

You may have listed a heap of parts that all add up to your preferred budget, but it is easier if you just list the total amount you'd like to spend and the currency as well as if you'd consider going above that budget for more performance. We need the location as well because $US are different to $AUD and $CAD etc.

2. Aim

working on blender projects and occasional VR games with my Oculus Quest 2 link cabel to PC and blender design review via quest 2, hence USB type C is a must on the motherboard. Gaming is secondary but might as well run some games....

Primary aim is: 3d work, hence i got RTC 3070 8GB, i was reading that higher GB graphic cards are better for rendering heavy scenes, but i am glad i could order RTX 3070.

3. Monitors

Dont have any monitor yet, i am considering 1440p monitor. i think i can save some money on it.. 4K monitor can wait...

4. Peripherals

I am going to use dual boot OS, windows and linux. keyboard and other stuff i think are irrelevent.

5. Why are you upgrading?

Currently i have a HP ENVY dv6 with geforce 650m (2gb), Intel I7 3690QM, 16GB ram laptop. its not enough for what i am doing with blender. it works for basic blender stuff so i will keep it for sure and use it while my PC is rendering.

parts i am considering:

CPU: ryzen 9 3950x - 16 core will really benefit in rendering so i think this is the one i am going to stick to.

CPU cooling: AMD recommends water cooling. i am not familiar with it, so any product suggestion?

motherboard: x570  - dont know which one.. good VRM important as i am going to render a lot and dont want the CPU to overheat... - any recoomendation: USB TYPE-C is must for VR - any suggestion?

video card: this one is already ordered and coming in 2 weeks. I am not planning to do water colling on the GPU.. i think air cooling will be enough.. correct me if i am wrong. Does it make sense to water cool the CPU and air cool the GPU?

future proofing is also a key factor... maybe in 3 to 5 years i get an aditional GPU to have blender work with 2 GPU (i think it is possible) or upgrade to a higher GB card.. it all depends how the business goes.

what kind of memory would i need to run everything smoothly? starting with 16GB and upgarde later to 32GB.

I am not planning to do any cpu and gpu tweeks in the bios... i an not familiar with it and would be affraid of any bad outcomes.. better be safe than sorry

i think this covers evetything. 

Please hit me with ideas and recommendations before i make other purchases.

cheers! Endre

3 minutes ago, E3000 said:

ryzen 9 3950x - 16 core will really benefit in rendering so i think this is the one i am going to stick to.

Id try to get 5900x/5950x if you can get one, a good amount faster in lots of tasks.

3 minutes ago, E3000 said:

AMD recommends water cooling. i am not familiar with it, so any product suggestion?

Id probalby go with a hig end air cooler, normally quieter, more reliable. Something like a dark rock pro 4, or nhd15 is what id get

4 minutes ago, E3000 said:

what kind of memory would i need to run everything smoothly? starting with 16GB and upgarde later to 32GB.

Id start with 32gb, maybe go 64. I have 64gb and its nice not having to worry about ram, and also just caches disk io.

4 minutes ago, E3000 said:

- dont know which one.. good VRM important as i am going to render a lot and dont want the CPU to overheat... - any recoomendation: USB TYPE-C is must for VR - any suggestion?

Id probably go b550 here, I don't see a reason to go x570, any higher end board shoudl work fine..