[Updates on bugs] Should you buy a Z590? Asus Maximus XIII Hero Z590 motherboard review

cagoblex
2 hours ago, cagoblex said:

I don't experience the same toasty PCH. It is pretty cool even under Prime95 workload. 

pch1.thumb.png.c91aec11c7726da41fcffabb8765a088.pngpch.png.1fa73295cc4a9e900f4efe73cb7ecc64.png

Do you have a giant GPU sitting on top of the heatsink like most of us? My 3090 isn't helping the heat dissipation, it sits directly on top.

1 hour ago, Berzerker said:

Do you have a giant GPU sitting on top of the heatsink like most of us? My 3090 isn't helping the heat dissipation, it sits directly on top.

I tried with both 3080 X trio and 3080 FTW3. Same temp. But the board I got is technically a pre production so that could make a difference. 

17 часов назад cagoblex сказал:

переход от озера Комет к озеру Ракет не имеет особого смысла. Я бы сказал, дождитесь озера Ольха, если вам не нужны Thunderbolt 4 и AVX512

Будет ли avx 512 от Intel Rocket работать на плате z 490? И каковы преимущества фотошопа. Или 10 ядер дадут больше преимуществ?🤓

• 1 month later...

Anybody with Z590 Hero have trouble installing the Chipset driver? I had a helluva time trying to get it to install with BSODs & freezing every time I tried to install it. I think I finally got it installed, I say I think because it installed without a crash but it doesnt show anywhere in my add/remove program list (Im referring only to the chipset driver Version 10.1.18634.8254 by the way not the MEI driver.

Can you M13Hero owners look in your add/remove programs and see if the chipset driver is listed please? I also canNOT install the GNA driver, it fails every time but maybe I need to enable it in the bios. Im still not exactly sure what the GNA driver does?

I have NOT had good luck lately. I just upgraded my Kaby Lake system to a M13H & an 11900k & two days later my 2 monitors started dropping out & shortly after my 980ti K|NGP|N completely stopped being recognized by windows!

So Im now in the process of putting the watercooled gpu in the 2nd pcie slot to see if its a defective motherboard or GPU

So if anyone knows where I can get a 3080 reasonably please let me know? (has to have a waterblock available)

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I have assembled a rog maximus 13 hero. I mounted a 32 GB 3600 MHz SDRAM DDR4 module of Hyperx Fury with 11700K CPU. I have no discrete graphics card. I have updated the bios to 0707 while XMP overclocking profile was already active for my single memory module. After a couple of days once I turned on the PC there is no outgoing signal from HDMI port to my monitor. I did several bios flashbacks and CLEAR CMOS but still the problem is not yet solved. I made up my mind to buy another memory module with the following specs : CORSAIR, (8GB, 2400 MHz) I hope this will restore my pc and I can see the bios and post information on the screen.

Any suggestion is highly appreciable. 

Thanks in advance