GPU Nightmare! Tried everything, stumped.

Hello one and all! 

Hope you are doing well.

Recently purchased a RX 580 8 GB to install in my others computer which had a 1050 TI prior that ran fine, upon installation it has failed to provide any output what so ever. I have tried reseating it 5 or so times, along the power connectors certainly are inserted correctly. I DDU'd the computer before inserting the card, it fails to appear in "devices" what so ever, and I have toggled "show hidden devices" as well. 

Now the GPU certainly is not dead, I know this because the fans are spinning normally and I actually tossed in my main rig to confirm it wasn't the issue. I have flashed the BIOS to the most recent edition, tried to install radeon graphics but naturally it suggests to me that I do not have a graphics card installed. I only have 1 PCIE slot so I can't test it on another on the board.

Heres where I am at: I think its either the PSU or the Mobo. I had this issue in the past when trying to install a 960 (never figured it out, exact same problem actually, got a 1050 TI because I couldn't deal with it anymore) But heres the thing, I hooked the PC up beside my main PC and corded over the PCIE power cables from my 1000 Watt PSU and the problem persisted, ( I don't know if this actually a valid way of testing whether or not it could be a power delivery issue...) So at this point im kind of leaning towards some issue with the MOBO. I have a 450 Bronze EVGA PSU (from my understanding more than fine for the RX 580, albeit suggested of 500 watts, and im running an I3 7100 which is quite a low TDP so im honestly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

If I recall correctly, when I tried to correct the same problem with the 960 in the past I actually swapped PSU's much to my pain and suffering but ended with the same result.

Desperate for any help, I think I honestly need to get a new MOBO....

Thank you so much for your input and help <3 

What Motherboard Model do you actually have?

I tend to think this is a UEFI (or Non UEFI) Board issue with a UEFI GPU issue.
This is actually more common than you think..

However, I've never troubleshooted this so I have no real advice to solve it unlike some others here who could.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

What Motherboard Model do you actually have?

Sorry, should have included this, its an ASROCK B250M-HDV

18 minutes ago, jcdc666 said:

Sorry, should have included this, its an ASROCK B250M-HDV

EDIT - I missed the part where you said you updated... so disregard this post.

Spoiler

I would update the board.
It's had HEAPS of updates and some of those inc VBIOS/GOP updates that you likely need to boot that RX580.
Here is the List - The latest inc the previous compatibilities so the latest version has the previous fixes - AKA the "Update VBIOS and GOP driver."
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B250M-HDV/index.asp#BIOS

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

4 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I would update the board.
It's had HEAPS of updates and some of those inc VBIOS/GOP updates that you likely need to boot that RX580.
Here is the List - The latest inc the previous compatibilities so the latest version has the previous fixes - AKA the "Update VBIOS and GOP driver."
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/B250M-HDV/index.asp#BIOS

Thanks for the reply! As I mentioned in the above post, I have in fact flashed it to the latest bios, unless I'm missing anything I'm pretty certain its up to date.

After a cursory search into the problem, as described above you should check to ensure Legacy mode is disabled in your UEFI settings as well as disabling the iGPU through the BIOS as that seems to be a common fix.

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

2 minutes ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

After a cursory search into the problem, as described above you should check to ensure Legacy mode is disabled in your UEFI settings as well as disabling the iGPU through the BIOS as that seems to be a common fix.

Thanks, ill give these both a go! 

Oh, also make sure CSM is enabled and if all of these fail try a BIOS update.

System Specs: (Click Expand)                                              

"Beatrix"

• CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3D
  • Motherboard GIGABYTE X570 I AORUS Pro Wi-Fi
  • RAM 2 x 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro @ 3200mhz CL16
  • GPU Gigabyte Eagle RX 6700XT
  • Case Corsair Crystal 280x
  • Storage 1x Samsung 980 Pro (1TB) 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus (500GB) 1x Samsung 860 Evo (1TB)
  • PSU EVGA G5 850W
  • Display(s) 27" Viewsonic XG2705
  • Cooling Corsair H100i Elite Capellix AIO | 4x QL120 RGB fans | 2x QL140 RGB fans
  • Keyboard Logitech G Pro
  • Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed /w Powerplay
  • Sound Logitech G Pro Wired
  • Operating System Windows 10 Professional 21H1

13 hours ago, PwnyTheTiger said:

Hello there! I crawled the entirety of my BIOS, and could not find "Legacy Mode" but I am certain that CMS is enabled, I have tried with the IGPU disabled and enabled. I know that I am not running in a "legacy" mode because I am in the UEFI not actual "bios" sorry for the confusion, I still use BIOS to refer to the new iteration sometimes. 

as I mentioned above, the BIOS is running the most up to date version as I have flashed it. 

Thanks for all the suggestions so far!