TV auto turns on HDMI device on start

Kanna

My TV samsung frame 2020 turns on last used HDMI source device and it get's really annoying and I'm wondering if you can turn it off

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

I have an older TV that does this as well. I think it's somewhere in the settings there is a setting to control devices via hdmi, if it is somewhere either in the tv or the connected device there is probably a way to turn it off. 

Main Rig : 5600X, NH-U14s, MSI B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, MSI RTX 3070

Server : i7-7700k, Hyper 212 RGB, ASUS Prime z270, 16GB DDR4 2133, MSI GTX 1070

Oh wow that is pretty annoying. It might be under the ARC settings of the TV

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Oh wow that is pretty annoying. It might be under the ARC settings of the TV

I looked and all I found was eARC and it was for sound and stuff and not for HDMI

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

13 minutes ago, Thomas CG said:

- - snip - -

13 minutes ago, Benji said:

- - snip - -

12 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

- - snip - -

I did find the setting but it messed up that the HDMI list doesn't show sources and that sometimes image takes a while to load so I think I'm keeping it on

Reminder⚠️

On 2/2/2021 at 7:01 AM, Benji said:

IIRC you'd need to disable the HDMI CEC. I have yet to see a TV where you can control what i does with CEC and what not because every manufacturer implements it differently. For example, I also get annoyed when I turn on the TV which turns on the AVR and/or changes the source to TV, change the AVR's source back to my PC and when I turn off the TV, the TV automatically turns off the AVR as well, even though the AVR isn't even on the TV output anymore.

I think there's nothing you can do about it.

Not to mention the many names that manufacturers give to it, like LG calls it SimpLink.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600XT GPU: RTX 2060 Mobo: MSI B450 Gaming PRO Carbon MAX Wifi RAM: 32GB 3200mhz Case: Corsair 100R Silent Storage: Crucial P1 2TB PSU: RM650  All for a 60hz monitor