Liquid cooling line build up

nayman898

Hello, 

I was playing games this morning and I noticed my EK pump was making more than normal noise, so I looked over at the LC system, that I flushed about 3 months ago with distilled and filled with EKs Solid Azure Blue cryo fuel, and noticed I have quite the issue. There seems to be some sort of growth on the tubing, and in the anti-vortex filter in the pump. I don't know what it is, it is not adhering to the nickel in the blocks, and only appears to be between the acetone and block materiel as it normally would be, but all the lines are coated. Should I replace lines and clean the rads? Am I able to clean the rads? Am I able to clean the lines?

Apologies for repost, I posted this in LC but figured this would be more responsive. 

20210201_102934.jpg

20210201_102908.jpg

20210201_102903.jpg

I would guess that's just the coloration in the coolant settling out. Coolants are made opaque by suspending a powder in the water, so most opaque coolants will tend to settle out and gunk up over time.

Solid coolants are usually pretty horrible for your loop. 

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Ok, should just flush and get clear coolant then?

19 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

I would guess that's just the coloration in the coolant settling out. Coolants are made opaque by suspending a powder in the water, so most opaque coolants will tend to settle out and gunk up over time.

15 minutes ago, Statik said:

Solid coolants are usually pretty horrible for your loop. 

Probably should get clear, yes. This is one reason I've always been running a clear fluid.

I did just switch from clear tubing to white primochill tubing in my build. Looks good and I of course can still see the fluid in my res to see if it's discoloring.