850W / 1000W and the warranty really matter?

Zowy1

It is worth that pay more on 850W power supply than 1000W if they have 10years warranty and not 5 years?

1 minute ago, Zowy1 said:

It is worth that pay more on 850W power supply than 1000W if they have 10years warranty and not 5 years?

Well if it has a 10 year warranty, you could keep using it in future builds. But what brand and model is what really changes which one you should get.

1 minute ago, Zowy1 said:

there is not enough context to give you a proper answer.

for example:

- does your PC even need 850W or 1000W? (what parts are you using?)

- which specific PSU's are these? (because not all wattages are equal, in terms of quality of a PSU)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just now, minibois said:

there is not enough context to give you a proper answer.

for example:

- does your PC even need 850W or 1000W? (what parts are you using?)

- which specific PSU's are these? (because not all wattages are equal, in terms of quality of a PSU)

850W is enough for my PC.

I see for example Seasonic Focus 850W that cost a lot more than Vanguard 1000W but have 10years.

Warranty is not a standard for quality and performance. For example: be quiet Straight Power 11 with 5y warranty is a bit better dan Seasonic Focus that comes with 10Y

46 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Warranty is not a standard for quality and performance. For example: be quiet Straight Power 11 with 5y warranty is a bit better dan Seasonic Focus that comes with 10Y

You sure?

what about vanguard v1000

55 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

You sure?

If you want actually useful advice, it would help if you answered questions like

1 hour ago, minibois said:

what parts are you using?

It would also help to know where you're buying from, as there's a decent chance that the best PSU is neither. You should focus on how the PSU performs, how loud it is, what protections it has etc.

:)

11 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If you want actually useful advice, it would help if you answered questions like

It would also help to know where you're buying from, as there's a decent chance that the best PSU is neither. You should focus on how the PSU performs, how loud it is, what protections it has etc.

No it is not important because I know that 850W enough for my PC.

My system is 5900X with 3080 FTW3.

1 hour ago, Zowy1 said:

You sure?

That's a good unit, also known as V-series. They're made bij Enhance

2 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

That's a good unit, also known as V-series. They're made bij Enhance

But only 5 years..

As I said, warranty is not a standard for quality and performance. if the price is right it's a good buy.

3 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

As I said, warranty is not a standard for quality and performance. if the price is right it's a good buy.

I know but..

I prefer 10 years.. it is standard for gold efficiency or platinum.

7 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

I know but..

I prefer 10 years.. it is standard for gold efficiency or platinum.

What's the point of even asking, if you're just dead set on getting the Seasonic PX...? You're not going to just get validation for your purchase decision. 

:)

1 minute ago, seon123 said:

What's the point of even asking, if you're just dead set on getting the Seasonic PX...? You're not going to just get validation for your purchase decision. 

What about NZXT E850?

Why is that standaard. It's you who pays the warranty. Seasonic for example puts a 650w Focus Gold/Platinum in a 650w Prime Gold/Platinum and adds a premium price for a 2 year extra warranty.

If you want a unit with 10 year warranty you pay for the 10 year warranty.

2 minutes ago, Zowy1 said:

What about NZXT E850?

It's a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, yes the bad one.

4 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

Why is that standaard. It's you who pays the warranty. Seasonic for example puts a 650w Focus Gold/Platinum in a 650w Prime Gold/Platinum and adds a premium price for a 2 year extra warranty.

If you want a unit with 10 year warranty you pay for the 10 year warranty.

It's a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold, yes the bad one.

You sure? in the Tier list it is one of the best.. the highest..

First revision tripped with AMD Vega, GTX 1080 Ti and other high-end cards. Second revision did not trip but ripple went out of spec close to OPP. Why do you think Seasonic RIP Focus Plus Gold after 2 years instead of 5 years?

31 minutes ago, --SID-- said:

First revision tripped with AMD Vega, GTX 1080 Ti and other high-end cards. Second revision did not trip but ripple went out of spec close to OPP. Why do you think Seasonic RIP Focus Plus Gold after 2 years instead of 5 years?

The NZXT E is the top tier list see that..

4 hours ago, Zowy1 said:

No it is not important because I know that 850W enough for my PC.

My system is 5900X with 3080 FTW3.

Well, if that's what you are going with, the 3080 FTW3 then yeah 850W is enough depending on the PSU.

NO, I personally wouldn't buy a supposedly quality PSU that only had a 5 Year warranty. If the company doesn't have the confidence in the durability of the product to offer a longer warranty period then why should we?

i9 9900K @ 5.0 GHz, NH D15, 32 GB DDR4 3200 GSKILL Trident Z RGB, AORUS Z390 MASTER, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q 27", Steel Series APEX PRO, Logitech Gaming Pro Mouse, CM Master Case 5, Corsair AXI 1600W Titanium. 

i7 8086K, AORUS Z370 Gaming 5, 16GB GSKILL RJV DDR4 3200, EVGA 2080TI FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB, (2)SAMSUNG 860 EVO 500 GB, Acer Predator XB1 XB271HU, Corsair HXI 850W.

i7 8700K, AORUS Z370 Ultra Gaming, 16GB DDR4 3000, EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Corsair HX 850W.