New laptop Advice

arumat

Hello

im looking to buy a new laptop in the 1500-2500USD price range, i use my laptop for video editing but i do play games on it here and there, my old laptop was a asus republic of gamers (i7, geforce gtx 870m) but it was very very big and heavy, i was looking for a new laptop and ran into the new rtx30 series that i should look for a review before i buy etc etc. 

My main issue is mainly work using my laptop in my bed (have back problems) and i do remember i got one laptop burn because i was gaming and left it on the bed for a long time, and the laptops ive bought make too much noise when i game, fans go airplane mode.

ive had bad experiences whit hp laptops and i really dont know what brand i should get these days, i saw a dell g7 deal but im not sure if dell is a good brand. (https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/7as1?AID=7060520&cjevent=2e038cb5627511eb82c4002a0a240612&cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&gacd=9614781-23761182-5750457-265988609-127889515&dgc=af&VEN1=12578053-7060520-06Wrrjg2hRl3q3E7mi1djox-Ziff Davis, LLC-https://deals.dell.com/en-us/productdetail/7as1&dclid=CjkKEQiAgc-ABhCU09qDiLSD-tMBEiQA7hJNJYJfhll6WYQqgelUjhO4cpbRg6QANoombpUDnpj1fIXw_wcB) and i was also considering a MSI but idk how good those are on the noise and hot department.

(i use adobe suite, premiere, aftereffects and photoshop mainly to work) 

Any suggestions wold be really apreciated, Thanks

Without a lot of reviews and benchmarks out yet, it's hard to give any firm recommendations. But one model that was phenomenally well received with last gen hardware was the ROG Zephyrus G14, and I think this gen they have a G15 now as well. I'd keep an eye on these for your use case, as the specs seem to line up well with what you need. Just have to see how the new lineup handles cooling.

https://rog.asus.com/us/laptops/rog-zephyrus-series?FilterLevelTagId=1070&tagID=428&items=

Im being offered the zephirus s17 the one that comes whit the rtx 2070 super edition or a alienware m15 also whit a rtx 2070 super for a good price both here in my country locally, should i pick one of the two?

Those are both very respectable laptops. You'll likely need to look for reviews of each to see if things like cooling on one is better than the other, or if the keyboard/track pad seem like one would be better than the other or not for you.

The biggest consideration for you I think will be which has the best CPU for your video editing workload. If the CPUs are the same, then style, aesthetic, and thermals will be your deciding factors. If the CPUs are not the same, then you likely want the higher core count CPU. Since both of those are last gen, they're likely both 9th gen intel, so you'll get 8 cores max, but likely 6. If both have 6 cores, and one is a "higher end SKU" then I'd say consider them equal. Higher end laptop CPU SKUs tend to not make a big difference, core count being equal and from the same generation.

Thank you so much for your help, i went w/ the asus zephyrus s17, so far its working amazing, but i have yet to force it and see how it does.