windows8 on usb3 flash drive

Levent

have anyone tried this with USB3? hows the speed is like and did you guys had any issues with it?besides than installing windows on it (i had windows XP on my flash for soo long that i booted up in non secure pc's) flash drives seems to get cheaper and finally 64 or 128gb ones getting bit more affordable 

just realized windows7 wont support usb3 while installing it

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I would say USB3 is still to slow for OSes like Windows 7 and Windows 8 IMO.

but it will work without issues right? ive seen usb drives with 180mb read speeds which is better than harddrives if so i can just get a 128gb usb drive and install windows8 on it (will bootloader work with windows7?)

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Yeah the speed isn't fast enough for actual work but linux is a different story. (I'm buy a 32gb usb3 drive for mint)

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

but it will work without issues right? ive seen usb drives with 180mb read speeds which is better than harddrives if so i can just get a 128gb usb drive and install windows8 on it (will bootloader work with windows7?)

That I'm not really sure :/ I haven't seen anyone use a USB 3 thumbstick anywhere as their bootdrive to be honest. I know you're asking this for portability's sake.

Join the LinusTechTips Star Citizen Org :D ~ https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/UOLTT

Yeah the speed isn't fast enough for actual work but linux is a different story. (I'm buy a 32gb usb3 drive for mint)

i guess im going to end using ubuntu with 32 gigs but faster USB3 device we will see :(

Use Universal Usb Installer it's the best program I have found to install a OS to usb (you need two drives, one to burn the iso to and one to put the os on) and it supports win vista -8 to every linux os ever made.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I'm pretty curious about this, too. Would the main installer even let you install to a flash drive, or would you need to format the drive a certain way/mod the installer? I am running Ubuntu 13.04 off a USB 3.0 flash drive, but obviously that's much easier to do. USB 3.0 is plenty fast for a modern OS, though. Faster than a 5400RPM laptop drive, at least to my knowledge..

To install Windows on a USB flash drive, you need to do some hacking. The Windows setup doesn't detect removable drives.<br />Windows 8 on Live USB, Linux style, is possible, but it's a Windows 8 Enterprise edition feature only.<br /><br />As for speed, it depends on the USB flash drive. Some USB 3.0 drive are crazy slow, bellow USB 2.0 even, while others are crazy fast.<br />Usually the fast USB flash drive, the manufacture mentioned the peak speed. But you need to do some research for the speed of small file size, which is MUCH slower on these USB drives. Also, make sure that the USB drive has fast red and also writes.<br /><br />A problem that can arise, is that Windows 8 on the USB drive needs to have USB 3.0 drivers, unless, Windows 8 have your USB 3.0 controller drivers built-in.<br />