New ram crashing computer

I just installed 8 gigs of ram onto my computer that already had 8gigs of ram. The first 8 are mushkin and the second are crucial. It keeps crashing my computer, what can I do. I notice that the voltages are different but otherwise I made them as close as possible spec wise 

what cpu? what motherboard? what ram? in which slots is the ram installed? what bios ram settings have you applied?

Amd phenom 2 x4

asustek m5a97

2x4gig ram from crucial ct2k5126bd160b

they were installed in the two slots that weren’t occupied.

havnt touched the bios yet, should I up the voltage in the new ram to 1.5v? It’s a type of ram that can have dual voltage 

When I look at cpu-z it’s showing that all my ram is running at 9-9-9-24 my mushkin can do this but the crucial is rated for 11-11-11

19 minutes ago, Computersarethebest said:

I just installed 8 gigs of ram onto my computer that already had 8gigs of ram. The first 8 are mushkin and the second are crucial. It keeps crashing my computer, what can I do. I notice that the voltages are different but otherwise I made them as close as possible spec wise 

Ideally RAM stick should be identical in specs and in brand if possible or you may run into issue like you have now. You should have asked before buying

* Reset bios

* Test each ram separately with memtest

* Maybe underclock ram until everything is stable

I would return the RAM and try to find an identical to the old one.

So from here what do you think I should do, I want to fill all 4 channels of ram for aesthetics. Now should I get 4 single rank ram sticks or 4 dual rank ram sticks? I seem sometime single vs dual especially with 4 sticks can cause them to slow down. 

or just stick with my crucial ram and stfu 😉

10 hours ago, Computersarethebest said:

So from here what do you think I should do, I want to fill all 4 channels of ram for aesthetics. Now should I get 4 single rank ram sticks or 4 dual rank ram sticks? I seem sometime single vs dual especially with 4 sticks can cause them to slow down. 

or just stick with my crucial ram and stfu 😉

Just get one more stick that is identical to the old one you already have

I’m buying used ram today so hopefully it works good. 16 gigs in two sticks, I’m going to try and mix it with my 8 and if it doesn’t work I’ll take my 8 out and run only the new ram. 

What video card a would everyone suggest for 4K video playback? My computer can’t play 4K video. I don’t care about gaming at all, really don’t remember the last time I gamed. My research showed me to get a 1080 ti. What does everyone think? 

also when I google 1080 ti I find like 5 different company that make it, which one should I get. 

and finally I won’t really need it until next year, should I buy it now or wait?

12 minutes ago, Computersarethebest said:

What video card a would everyone suggest for 4K video playback? My computer can’t play 4K video. I don’t care about gaming at all, really don’t remember the last time I gamed. My research showed me to get a 1080 ti. What does everyone think? 

also when I google 1080 ti I find like 5 different company that make it, which one should I get. 

and finally I won’t really need it until next year, should I buy it now or wait?

You need a GPU compatible with featureset D that  would be anything above (and including) a GT 620. 

For amd I am not sure but I would assume anything of the same generation and above will do it but don't quote me on that.