Rate it, and Some Components needed.

I am making a new computer in about 2 months, and I plan to put it underwater. I have an i7-3930k, and a GeForce GTX 690 that I want to cool. I hope to OC the CPU to around 4.8 Ghz, and the 690 to 1200 Mhz. Will a 480 + a 120 cool it properly? The rads I am using are the ones from HardwareLabs, and they are the GTX Xtreme series. I already have 5 Noctua NF-F12s and I will be using them in pull. Also, how much wattage will those components pull from the PSU? I just need the tubing, and I am going to run PrimoChill Base Intensified, and put some Mayhem's Aurora Tharsis Red dye in there. Is the PrimoChill PrimoFlex tubing good? I will be using the 1/2 ID, and 3/4 OD tubes. I will only be using straight compression fittings, and does the tubing have a decent bend radius? The Rads will be mounted in the SilverStone TJ-11, in their appropriate places. The 480 will go in the bottom compartment, next to the MCP655 pump from Swiftech. The 120 will go on the 120 mount on the top. The reservoir will go on the main compartment, next to the motherboard. It will be the Phobya Balancer 250 Matte Black. Please rate this, and tell me what I can improve on, and tell me some better parts, but my total budget is going to be 900 for the watercooling parts.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

What type of oil will you be immersing the system in?

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

This is one of those times when you need to draw your loop. Drab a side on pic of the 900D and use paint/photoshop to draw the rads blocks and tubes on.

This thread is a good example of how to do it: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/12368-my-first-custom-loop-for-new-build/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

What type of oil will you be immersing the system in?

What are you talking about...

Regardless don't grab aurora, it's not meant for 24/7 use unless you want to gunk up your loop pretty fast. Also Mayhem's has been having some problems, like TTL's Project Orca the black coolant turned to a deep red, kind of like burgundy. 

I am making a new computer in about 2 months, and I plan to put it underwater. I have an i7-3930k, and a GeForce GTX 690 that I want to cool. I hope to OC the CPU to around 4.8 Ghz, and the 690 to 1200 Mhz. Will a 480 + a 120 cool it properly? The rads I am using are the ones from HardwareLabs, and they are the GTX Xtreme series. I already have 5 Noctua NF-F12s and I will be using them in pull. Also, how much wattage will those components pull from the PSU? I just need the tubing, and I am going to run PrimoChill Base Intensified, and put some Mayhem's Aurora Tharsis Red dye in there. Is the PrimoChill PrimoFlex tubing good? I will be using the 1/2 ID, and 3/4 OD tubes. I will only be using straight compression fittings, and does the tubing have a decent bend radius? The Rads will be mounted in the SilverStone TJ-11, in their appropriate places. The 480 will go in the bottom compartment, next to the MCP655 pump from Swiftech. The 120 will go on the 120 mount on the top. The reservoir will go on the main compartment, next to the motherboard. It will be the Phobya Balancer 250 Matte Black. Please rate this, and tell me what I can improve on, and tell me some better parts, but my total budget is going to be 900 for the watercooling parts.

not to be busting on your BIX rads, but they are a high fin density package that is made for 1600rpm+ fans.

to take advantage of low speed fans and their quiet noise levels a lower fan density radiator would be more

beneficial like the alphacool, XSPC (RX), or HL SR1 radiators. sub 10 fins per inch.

the simple 480 will cool your rig fine as long as you use a thick core (60mm+) a 360 can cool an OC'd 3970x

4.6GHZ OC (1.45vcore under 70° loaded) and Titan OC (39° loaded). dunna know about your 4.8 vision and

what voltage used, but at 4.6GHz.. your golden.

for radiator choice, the 480 is a given, but another single fan radiator would not make a difference in cooling,

clutters with more tubing run and more chances of a leak with more fittings.

build will be less than 650watts at best, so either the 750/760 or nervous to run small wattage a 850/860 series.

i'd stay away from aurora, like others have said, not a daily driver sort of coolant. the XSPC EC6 coolants

are rally well and will work with the XSPC Hi-Flex clear tubing without issues. the thicker wall will reduce

the radius' but you won't know until the components are mounted and tube route is planned. use angled

fittings as well, there is no voo-doo against using angled fittings.. straight fittings does not make an easier

build.

rate: 6 possible: 9

airdeano

What are you talking about...

Regardless don't grab aurora, it's not meant for 24/7 use unless you want to gunk up your loop pretty fast. Also Mayhem's has been having some problems, like TTL's Project Orca the black coolant turned to a deep red, kind of like burgundy. 

uhh, hot cocoa brown.

airdeano

uhh, hot cocoa brown.

airdeano

Didn't realize it changed some more. I guess if you really love cocoa it would be great to add to your build! Same follows for white and milk.

As for the rads, will an Alphacool NexXxoS Monsta 480 do it? If I don't run the Aurora, can I run the Pastel White?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Also, is the Tygon 3603 good?

Tygon is good tubing to my knowledge. The Monsta 480 would be fine but I'm not sure if it'll fit, its a 80mm thick rad + fans 25mm so 105mm if you just run pull or push 130mm if you run push/pull. Since its 80mm you probably will only draw the first 50-60mm leaving the other 20mm dead space. The RX series from XSPC is a good option also 60mm thick so you can run pull/push easier and get air all the way through with just push or pull. Stray away from Mayhem's they're having issues right now with coolant. Feser and XSPC seem to be the best coolants currently.

Alright, seems good enough for me. How about the res? What are your favorite tube res? I want to hear everyone's opinion.

I like the alphacool rads, but they have some fitment issues with the bungs on the tanks. those

last millimeters might be needed. i've got two UT60 480 radiators and two XSPC RX480 radiators

and been bouncing back and forth on using either.

my likes are:

60mm+ thickness

low (sub 10fpi) fins per inch count (low rpm fan use)

6-32 or M4 fan mount screws

like the UT60, but hate the M3 fan screws, the bungs can be an issue.

like the RX and fan mount screws,  but the embossed logo usually will be upside-down

I leaning away from bitspower, everybody is using them and they are functional and clean..

but I'll prolly move to koolance cov-rp450 duals w/80mm reservoir tubes.

airdeano

Bitspower and alphacool are nice ones. I don't much care for the T-virus ones and such.... Just make sure you you connect via the plugs in the bottom. The top plug is for filling. :)

Phobya is another res maker I think are pretty good...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Can someone give me a flow path for the setup? Like Res, pump, etc, etc... 1 480 rad. 2 Waterblocks, might add a motherboard block just cause. Blocks: CPU, and gpu, maybe mobo

Flow path = Aesthetics and shorter runs = better ( performance + aesthetics ) Just connect everything to the next part of the loop and try to get runs as short as possible. I personally find bitspower reservoir to be some of the best, nice and clean to show of all that coolant. Also just get a picture of your case and draw in rads and tubing runs to get an idea. Always have a port at the top on your reservoir this helps in bleeding air and filling with bitspower reservoirs if you need to connect something to the top to get tubing runs shorter just flip it around if you only need one coming from the bottom.

Does it matter temperature wise if I put my rad before all my blocks?

Yes in the world of un-measurable temperatures, no in the real world. You'll see a 0.5-2 celsius difference, the thing is the water is pumped around so fast as long as you have the proper amount of radiator coverage you'll have no difference.

Alright, my flow pattern is this: Res, pump, CPU, 480, gpu, 120, res. OR I might switch the rads around so the 120 cools the CPU.. Depending on what is the most convenient, these are my two primary setups.

the temp difference within a waterloop of your size is maybe 1-2°C. don't go block->cpu->block->gpu. Install it the way it looks best.

Gotcha. Aesthetics > 1-2°C temp difference.

There is actually some performance gains in shorter runs, normally or in my opinion 100% of the time shorter runs look better. Since there's more pressure still in the loop it'll pump water ever so slightly faster giving you that extra 0.1-1 Celsius difference. Just try to hide up any long runs and not have them go over everything.

i'd drop that spare 120 so it won't hinder the tubing route, because it

will offer no significant temperature change and more points to leak from.

airdeano

Is a waterblock for the Rampage IV Extreme worth it? 

Aesthetics - yes.

Performance - Silicon lottery + do you plan 5 Ghz OC? If yes, yes. If no, no.

I think the 120mm rad would be needed for silence headroom if you do pick it up though.

I might push the 3930k as far as it can go, but does that have any drawbacks? I heard that OC'ing your CPU can reduce it's lifespan... Also, how does the motherboard temps affect the CPU clocks? Also, is the stock cooler on it loud, and by loud, I mean 22 or more decibels.