Fresh install of windows caused decrease of game performance.

RmnPks

I recently upgraded my win10 enterprise edition to win10 home N 20h2. I upgraded because I can't update windows and use the xbox companion app. Usually, I play siege, valorant and get around 170+ fps. And now it's around 90-120fps. Is it the OS or did I do something wrong? I also installed the latest drivers too. The temperatures are around 30-50*c And I don't think it's a problem, I guess. Anyway thanks in advance for the help! I'm kinda new to this. Sorry about that, pc experts!

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Rx 580

120gb ssd

500gb hdd

16gb ram 2666mhz 

First: get faster ram

Ryzen loved high speed memory so I would get some 3000mhz or 3200mhz ram.

Second

Its most likely a setting you missed ethier in windows or in game. Changing your Windows key to my knowledge doesn't change any settings. If you reinstalled windows maybe somthing got changed.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Like fresh wipe everything or something else?

Yes, like fresh wipe everything. 

Just now, RmnPks said:

Yes, it's like fresh wipe everything. 

Look through windows settings

Set anything you can to 'high performance'

Make sure your games are at the settings they were at before

Go into radeon gpu settings and make sure everything is set to highest performance

not much I can think of beyond that.

| If someones post is helpful or solves your problem please mark it as a solution 🙂 |

I am a human that makes mistakes! If I'm wrong please correct me and tell me where I made the mistake. I try my best to be helpful.

System Specs

<Ryzen 5 3600 3.5-4.2Ghz> <Noctua NH-U12S chromax.Black> <ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB> <16gb 3200Mhz Crucial CL16> <DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh> <650w Corsair RMx 2018 80+ Gold> <Samsung 970 EVO 500gb NVMe> <WD blue 500gb SSD> <MSI MAG b550m Mortar> <5 Noctua P12 case fans>

Peripherals

<Lepow Portable Monitor + AOC 144hz 1080p monitor> 

<Keymove Snowfox 61m>

<Razer Mini>

Possibly pointless, but I read the headline and thought “yup.  That’s been happening more or less steadily for the last 20 years or more”. It could be the OS.  Security stuff for protection from malpeople has thrown in more and more weight, but a lot of it has just been “well we’ve got more power we don’t really need.  Why bother optimizing stuff”. There was this guy once who went through windows and pulled out all this pure weight garbage.  Partially drawn pieces of things that were partially erased and never actually used and stuff.  Reduced bulk by some ungodly percentage.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

17 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Possibly pointless, but I read the headline and thought “yup.  That’s been happening more or less steadily for the last 20 years or more”. It could be the OS.  Security stuff for protection from malpeople has thrown in more and more weight, but a lot of it has just been “well we’ve got more power we don’t really need.  Why bother optimizing stuff”. There was this guy once who went through windows and pulled out all this pure weight garbage.  Partially drawn pieces of things that were partially erased and never actually used and stuff.  Reduced bulk by some ungodly percentage.

So I should reinstall my os again? If so, what version?

2 hours ago, SignatureSigner said:

Look through windows settings

Set anything you can to 'high performance'

Make sure your games are at the settings they were at before

Go into radeon gpu settings and make sure everything is set to highest performance

not much I can think of beyond that.

I've done it but it's just a slight better performance, not unlike before. 

most likely all the malware microsoft installs in "home" vs. "enterprise"

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

2 hours ago, RmnPks said:

So I should reinstall my os again? If so, what version?

The problem is the older versions lack the necessary security stuff and will also have compatibility issues.  I don’t think there’s an out there unless you want to change OS entirely and go to something non-windows.  That has its own problems though.  Something might run on windows7 but it would still be unsafe to use on the net.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

-> Moved to Troubleshooting

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 1/27/2021 at 1:55 PM, Slayerking92 said:

most likely all the malware microsoft installs in "home" vs. "enterprise"

I haven’t run into enough malware to verify that but the concept fascinates me