1030 still good?

saphaba

i have an i5 8400 system, i want to buy a GPU, not gonna play high graphics games. i want to play mostly GENSHIN IMPACT like games. RPGs.

motherboard only allows 2400 DDR4 RAMs. 

is 1030 gonna be enough? 

watched some youtube vids., they run very smoothly. 

just wanted to confirm here. 

I wouldn't buy one ... it's a really cut down video card, without hardware encoders so useless for streaming (though you seem to not care about that). 

I'd look for a cheap RX 470/480/570/580 video card.  Hell, even a RX 460 / RX 560 would give more performance than a GT 1030 card , you can see here then RX 550 is on par with the GT 1030 and you get 4 GB of vram, making card more compatible with newer games : https://www.techspot.com/review/1488-esports-geforce-gt-1030-vs-radeon-rx-550/

You can get pretty good prices on the used market, for example i got a GTX 670 for 62 dollars. It's a pretty good deal.

20 hours ago, mariushm said:

I wouldn't buy one ... it's a really cut down video card, without hardware encoders so useless for streaming (though you seem to not care about that). 

I'd look for a cheap RX 470/480/570/580 video card.  Hell, even a RX 460 / RX 560 would give more performance than a GT 1030 card , you can see here then RX 550 is on par with the GT 1030 and you get 4 GB of vram, making card more compatible with newer games : https://www.techspot.com/review/1488-esports-geforce-gt-1030-vs-radeon-rx-550/

m not going to stream, just play games for bout an hour a day. will check your link though. thanks

18 hours ago, StixuYT said:

You can get pretty good prices on the used market, for example i got a GTX 670 for 62 dollars. It's a pretty good deal.

m from india and not a lot of gamers around my area and cant find any good used GPUs . thats one of my problem 

20 hours ago, it_dont_work said:

Have you tried just using integrated graphics? it doesn't seem like a very hard to run game 

i haven't tried it yet. 

2 hours ago, saphaba said:

i haven't tried it yet. 

Turn some settings down, I mean its a unity engine game it should play at least in low quality on a fuckling potatoe 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige