Client Server Runtime Process and Desktop Window Manager using GPU?

Mark Kaine

Funny enough I know exactly when it started, but I can't make any sense of it... I've been setting a custom fan curve in Afterburner, so it would start spinning fans at 45C since my GPU always idles around 40C... Anyway I kind of forgot about it and half an hour later I noticed my fans were spinning really fast and it was the GPU fans... temp almost 50C... for no apparent reason...聽

So I check taskmanager and, those two processes running happily using my GPU... under 1% mind you but obviously enough to make it run a lot hotter than it should.聽

And the kicker is as soon I move my mouse a little it goes up to around 15% usage...?? 馃憖

Thats certainly not normal or good... I can find tons of people with the same issue, but no fix apparently. I tried updating windows but that was pointless because it's still doing it, constantly...聽

Any ideas how to fix this and why it happens?聽

When doing nothing:

20210127_002530.thumb.jpg.3b8e8c6eea804ac0eb2236a4689f7d7a.jpg

When moving my mouse:

20210127_002539.thumb.jpg.4802ba214977ccf584f8fff10b15ad8d.jpg

These are the processes, or at least two of them ... I understand they need to be running, but certainly don't need to constantly use up my GPU? never had this issue before either...聽

20210127_002454.thumb.jpg.c9b465292a352a15cb90675f4cc9db92.jpg

PS: just checked the GPU "idle" temp is now really +5C more... at 45C, because it's not really idling anymore obviously... I really hope there's a solution. 馃槷

The direction tells you... the direction.聽

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition)聽

MSI Afterburner聽

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper聽

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity聽