How to turn-on the onboard graphics at Morter max b450 with 3400G?

Go to solution Solved by mariushm,
1 minute ago, Hridoy Bhuiyan said:

I dont have. I lost the manual month ago 馃槥

You can download the manual from the MSI website, on your motherboard model's page :聽https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-MORTAR-MAX

Click on Manual, and then download the manual in the language you want.聽

The process should be:

Go in bios and select from somewhere to use integrated graphics instead of pci-e graphics card, or (if option exists) to leave both video cards enabled.

Connect monitor to the video outputs on the motherboard IO shield and then start pc...聽

See page 46 in the English PDF :聽https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B89v1.1.pdf

Set to IGD to start from the Initiate graphics adapter if you want to start with the integrated graphics as primary, and dedicated graphics as secondary

Set Integrated Graphics to Force to enable the integrated graphics even when the dedicated video card has the monitors attached to it.

image.png.4a56003f80f2c94f2ae9dd0f4bcecc74.png

Hello tech lovers!

My computer configuration is MSI morter max b450, 16gb memory, and a R5 3400g. I have a old model GPU in my pc. Want to turn on my onboard graphics. For this reason i saw a lot of YouTube video. But i did not have the proper solution along to my bios!聽

Is there any wise person can help me by telling how i can do this? :(聽

-Thanks in advance.聽

3 minutes ago, Hridoy Bhuiyan said:

Hello tech lovers!

My computer configuration is MSI morter max b450, 16gb memory, and a R5 3400g. I have a old model GPU in my pc. Want to turn on my onboard graphics. For this reason i saw a lot of YouTube video. But i did not have the proper solution along to my bios!聽

Is there any wise person can help me by telling how i can do this? 馃槥

-Thanks in advance.聽

I think the best way to go about doing this would be to connect the display output to your motherboard's display port, instead of taking the output from the dedicated graphics card.

Unplug the dedicated gpu and restart the machine. With proper drivers in place you should be able to get to use the onboard graphics.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for聽a reply. 馃檪

2 minutes ago, ATBawden said:

Do you have the manual for your motherboard still?

Just now, Hridoy Bhuiyan said:

ok, please try do what the guy above says. That should activate the integrated graphics

3 minutes ago, AnirbanG007 said:

I think the best way to go about doing this would be to connect the display output to your motherboard's display port, instead of taking the output from the dedicated graphics card.

Unplug the dedicated gpu and restart the machine. With proper drivers in place you should be able to get to use the onboard graphics.

I tried this. But if the external graphics is connected then onboard GPU is not working anyway!聽
i want to use both of the GPU and onboard GPU at the same time. Can you help me brother?聽

1 minute ago, Hridoy Bhuiyan said:

You can download the manual from the MSI website, on your motherboard model's page :聽https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450M-MORTAR-MAX

The process should be:

Go in bios and select from somewhere to use integrated graphics instead of pci-e graphics card, or (if option exists) to leave both video cards enabled.

Connect monitor to the video outputs on the motherboard IO shield and then start pc...聽

See page 46 in the English PDF :聽https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B89v1.1.pdf

Set to IGD to start from the Initiate graphics adapter if you want to start with the integrated graphics as primary, and dedicated graphics as secondary

Set Integrated Graphics to Force to enable the integrated graphics even when the dedicated video card has the monitors attached to it.

8 minutes ago, Hridoy Bhuiyan said:

I tried this. But if the external graphics is connected then onboard GPU is not working anyway!聽
i want to use both of the GPU and onboard GPU at the same time. Can you help me brother?聽

Ohhh, together! I don't think that actually works. I could be wrong. Sorry, if I am.聽If the ext GPU is plugged and is providing the display, I think the internal one gets deactivated anyway. I don't think you can use both at the same time. Laptops kinda do this by switching which GPU to use for prioritizing power savings or performance, but I haven't heard of anything like in the Desktop space.聽馃槥聽I hope someone sees this thread and is able to help you out.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

The process should be:

Thank you man. Let me try. I will inform you.

15 minutes ago, mariushm said:

The process should be:

I'm curious as to how this could be useful to anyone? Like are there any light tasks that I could relegate to the iGPU or something? Thanks in advance.

Some people need lots of monitors.聽 If the dedicated video card has only 3-4 display outputs, the integrated graphics can add 2-3 display outputs.聽

Not sure how well it works with integrated graphics, but in theory you could use AMF (hardware encoder) to encode videos using the integrated graphics instead of the dedicated one --- but you wouldn't get any performance increase when playing games and streaming as the hardware encoder is聽 separate from the side of gpu chip which actually deals with the game anyway.

You get to have 2 hardware encoders though, so if you have a bunch of videos you need to transcode, you could split the videos in two batches and have each batch use separate encoder.聽