Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dear Pro(s),
Please assist me with my build

Budget: $US1,850 (total)

region: India

My build Idea:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b550m ds3h
MSI RTX 3060 Ti
XPG DDR4 3200 mHz (8*2)
Barracuda 2 tb hhd
barracuda ssd sata 1 tb
XPG 240G nvme m.2
corsair cx650
Logitech g213 + G102
LG ultragear 24gl650

ant esport ICE0511MT case

My questions:
will my cpu bottleneck the gpu?
will the PSU be sufficient?
have I made any bad choices?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ujee said:

Dear Pro(s),
Please assist me with my build

Budget: $US1,850 (total)

region: India

My build Idea:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b550m ds3h
MSI RTX 3060 Ti
XPG DDR4 3200 mHz (8*2)
Barracuda 2 tb hhd
barracuda ssd sata 1 tb
XPG 240G nvme m.2
corsair cx650
Logitech g213 + G102
LG ultragear 24gl650

ant esport ICE0511MT case

My questions:
will my cpu bottleneck the gpu?
will the PSU be sufficient?
have I made any bad choices?

The PSU is quite budget oriented. if you can get a higher quality 550W unit, that would be better . (A TXM Gold or CXM for example.)

Other than that it looks good

Link to post
Share on other sites

i really dont have a idea what even does a "psu'' even means
But your choices are really good
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ujee said:

Dear Pro(s),
Please assist me with my build

Budget: $US1,850 (total)

region: India

My build Idea:
Ryzen 5 3600
Gigabyte b550m ds3h
MSI RTX 3060 Ti
XPG DDR4 3200 mHz (8*2)
Barracuda 2 tb hhd
barracuda ssd sata 1 tb
XPG 240G nvme m.2
corsair cx650
Logitech g213 + G102
LG ultragear 24gl650

ant esport ICE0511MT case

My questions:
will my cpu bottleneck the gpu?
will the PSU be sufficient?
have I made any bad choices?

Google says that the GPU will consume at most 200 watts and CPU will consume 65 watts (those numbers are stock. Might go higher if you overclock). It's also important to consider all the rest of the system. 650 is more than enough. A friend of mine has a R5 3600 paired with a 2070 Super (it's quite similar to the 3060 Ti performance wise) and says on his heaviest games his CPU does around 65 - 75 % usage when GPU is maxed.

 

Like @Downkeysaid it all looks good to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr.Disrespect said:

i really dont have a idea what even does a "psu'' even means
But your choices are really good
 

I think PSU is Power Supply Unit. Not 100% sure about the "unit" one tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NaniSalmon said:

I think PSU is Power Supply Unit. Not 100% sure about the "unit" one tho

power supply/ power supply unit.

Doesn't really matter, they basically mean the same thing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you don't need 650 watts, it's not bad but you may get a better 550 watts power supply at same price or a few dollars/euro cheaper. 

 

I'd aim for slightly better motherboard, that one is fine for the processor you paired it with, but should you want to upgrade to something more powerful in the future, the motherboard will not be so great. 

 

The CPU won't bottleneck the video card.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×