Need to flush my custom loop as i did not clean my new rad very well. any advice would really help....

I have a d5 pump, xspc res, alphacool rad , and ek supremacy cpu block.

i think i have flux etc in loop.

so i have stripped it down drained it. was going to use a 50/50 mix of distilled water and alcohol isopropyl in each component to clean it.

was going to fill each part up heat the distilled up and the seal in and shake and do it one's or twice.

but as for rad was going to fill it leave for 1 hour then shake then empty and then use only distilled water bwt three time after just to get rid of bits and all alcohol isopropyl.   

need help tho how should i heat water up cause kettle is full of crap ??? and is alcohol isopropyl safe to use on block res and flow meter ??

i have heard its a more safe thing to use in rad. cause distilled white vinegar eats the copper.

some body please help i have spent to much money for this custom loop not to be perfect.

1st time i cleaned rad i used cold distilled water bwt 5 fill's skanking them a bwt and that dnt think i done i right so its my fault but help me guy's really piss off with my self..............................

Let it soak in pure boiled tap water.

Do hot water rinses (i.e. not pour it in and then go chase butterflies for an hour) with 9 parts boiling water 1 part vinegar. Protect yourself, plug the openings, and shake it around a bit, empty, rinse. 

Rinse clean with tap water and final rinse with distilled water. 

Vinegar is bad, but small amounts for short durations is no big deal. You can use either vinegar or ketchup and a toothbrush for inside your CPU block. 

I'm not sure a 50% BV alcohol mix will be that effective. 

Also boil a mixture of white vinegar and water in your kettle to clean it, you know, while you're at it. 

Error: 410

Let it soak in pure boiled tap water.

Do hot water rinses (i.e. not pour it in and then go chase butterflies for an hour) with 9 parts boiling water 1 part vinegar. Protect yourself, plug the openings, and shake it around a bit, empty, rinse. 

Rinse clean with tap water and final rinse with distilled water. 

Vinegar is bad, but small amounts for short durations is no big deal. You can use either vinegar or ketchup and a toothbrush for inside your CPU block. 

I'm not sure a 50% BV alcohol mix will be that effective. 

Also boil a mixture of white vinegar and water in your kettle to clean it, you know, while you're a

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?54331-Guide-To-WaterCooling-and-Leak-Testing-ALL-New-WaterCooler-s-Read-Before-Posting! check this link bwt half way dowm page. under 1. Cleaning the Radiator and Waterblocks it says in red writing you can use  alcohol mix to play it safe

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?54331-Guide-To-WaterCooling-and-Leak-Testing-ALL-New-WaterCooler-s-Read-Before-Posting! check this link bwt half way dowm page. under 1. Cleaning the Radiator and Waterblocks it says in red writing you can use  alcohol mix to play it safe

it's like using talcum powder instead of deodorant because you're afraid of cancer.

I suppose it might work, but why not just use the deodorant since it's more effective and the risk isn't there unless you have a defective product or do something wrong.  

To get a 50% by volume alcohol mix will also be more expensive. 

it's like using talcum powder instead of deodorant because you're afraid of cancer.

I suppose it might work, but why not just use the deodorant since it's more effective and the risk isn't there unless you have a defective product or do something wrong.  

To get a 50% by volume alcohol mix will also be more expensive. 

i all ready have the alcohol use it for other things drinking lol just joking. ok im going to buy some distilled white vinegar can i use it on res and flow meter and every thing do u know. will it damage o rings and acrylic. just worried cause spent a lot of money on all my stuff you know ?? 

i all ready have the alcohol use it for other things drinking lol just joking. ok im going to buy some distilled white vinegar can i use it on res and flow meter and every thing do u know. will it damage o rings and acrylic. just worried cause spent a lot of money on all my stuff you know ??

I would avoid exposing acrylic to vinegar. 

It should be fine on the O rings and flow meter, just be sure to use a diluted mix and rinse it thoroughly and don't let it sit for a long time in vinegar. Quick and simple fill, shake vigorously for a minute, and flush.

to clear res should i just use hot distilled water ?

yep

I would avoid exposing acrylic to vinegar. 

It should be fine on the O rings and flow meter, just be sure to use a diluted mix and rinse it thoroughly and don't let it sit for a long time in vinegar. Quick and simple fill, shake vigorously for a minute, and flush. 

and what about the pump should i run distilled vinegar in this ? is  Distilled Malt Vinegar the same as distilled white vinegar ?

sorry bwt all the questions

The res and pump you should be able to just use distilled water numerous times, shaking and draining and then repeating. I would only use the vinegar on the radiators.

If you have a little spare cash, buy a cheapo pond pump and inline water filter with a few litres of distilled water from Halfords as your from the UK. Saved me from constantly shaing the raditor numerous times. Bit extreme but I like it :)

DSC01456.jpg

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

The res and pump you should be able to just use distilled water numerous times, shaking and draining and then repeating. I would only use the vinegar on the radiators.

If you have a little spare cash, buy a cheapo pond pump and inline water filter with a few litres of distilled water from Halfords as your from the UK. Saved me from constantly shaing the raditor numerous times. Bit extreme but I like it :)

ever look in the filter trap and see what is shipped with those lovely radiator?

*hurl*

I just flushed my loop the other day, I ran like 5 gallons of distilled + sysclean through it while shaking the case lightly, a few little things came out but after the second gallon or so it was completely clear and fine.

If you can get a drain fitting and put it in the lowest part of your loop, after your pump, it's really easy to drain. (It's how I did it)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

ever look in the filter trap and see what is shipped with those lovely radiator?

*hurl*

Yep the first two times I did it with the new rads it was pretty disgusting and disturbing. To know that that could be running inside your loop, hence I run each componant through this system to make sure I minimise those nasty bits floating around.

Core - EVGA Classified 3 | i7 980x | 12GB Corsair Dominator GT | Lian Li P80 | Corsair 128 Neutron GTX | 2 x WD 500gb Velociraptor | Asus Xonar Xense | 2 x EVGA 590 | Enermax Platimax 1500

Water Cooling - Alphacool NexXxos 360 Monsta | TFC 360 | Alphacool D5 Vario | Alphacool 250 Tube res | EK Supreme HF Nickle Plexi | 2 x EK Nickle Plexi 590 WB | Aquaero 5 XT

Yep the first two times I did it with the new rads it was pretty disgusting and disturbing. To know that that could be running inside your loop, hence I run each componant through this system to make sure I minimise those nasty bits floating around.

i just dnt have the money to go buy a load more stuff so i will have to do the hole shake thing.

a ph bufffer will that be putting distilled water in rad after to bring the ph level back to normal ??

a ph bufffer will that be putting distilled water in rad after to bring the ph level back to normal ??

only if unsure about completely flushing out the residual rinse.

i've used heated stove-top cider vinegar into dye radiators and flushed then out

with loads of tap water, till no more dye and lack of vinegar smell. final flushing

with distilled and loop bound with clear tubing.

No, not just distilled water. You are at a low pH due to vinegar and you need to bring it back to near neutral pH of distilled water. So you need to flush with a base of higher pH such as sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Preferably test with pH paper to be sure before flushing with distilled water.

All this is only if you are using a coolant like Mayhems pastel.

No, not just distilled water. You are at a low pH due to vinegar and you need to bring it back to near neutral pH of distilled water. So you need to flush with a base of higher pH such as sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). Preferably test with pH paper to be sure before flushing with distilled water.

i am going to only use vinegar in rad clean and i will use distilled water after to wash out all vinegar. i will do the shanke about 3 or 4 time after the vinegar has been in there. for everything else i will just use hot distilled water on its own.

i

am going to use mayhems x1 clear pre mix in the loop is this ok what do you think ??

ok thanks to every one for the help

i will post some pic's when i have done it all thanks again........................

only if unsure about completely flushing out the residual rinse.

i've used heated stove-top cider vinegar into dye radiators and flushed then out

with loads of tap water, till no more dye and lack of vinegar smell. final flushing

with distilled and loop bound with clear tubing.

hey guys i have a problem the only vinegar i can find at local stores is distilled malt vinegar (looks clear) can i use this. is it different to white distilled vinegar ?? 

hey guys i have a problem the only vinegar i can find at local stores is distilled malt vinegar (looks clear) can i use this. is it different to white distilled vinegar ?? 

the distilled vinegar is best, but if not available, white or cider would be next, the

malt has "stuff" in it and might leave residual deposits.

With a clear coolant, you should be ok. Just be sure to throughly flush with distilled water after the vinegar flush.

i have done it.

took 5 liters of distilled water and a bottle of alcohol isopropyl.

I left it in there a hole night then boiled distilled water 300 million time's and put it in rad to do the shake dance. 

and yes in very good now at the shake dance.

i think it would of been a bit easier if i had distilled vinegar but could not get the right stuff.

next time i buy a rad or add to the system i will just buy a gaden pump and bucket and the filter and do it that way next time.

let me warn any one the alphacool rad's do have a lot of little bits in them they really do. think its more just paint bit and solder bit i keeped on having to shake out.

think the flux came out after the over night alcohol soak cause it was really cloudy and after but 2 to 3 flush shakes with hot distilled it was pretty much just little pieces.

i am running a stainless steel aqua computer filter for two weeks and the i will take it out and put new fuild in i think this is a good idea yes i know about mixing metals but its just for two weeks.

and i am using mayhems x1 pre - mix clear which should help stop corrosion and other crap but like i said just to weeks.........................

ok will be uploading photo's in the next couple days guy's just in case your bored and want to look at something lol ?............................................

Cool nice to see you taking this seriously and listening to the guys. Your Radiator and loop would be in good nick now.

Cool nice to see you taking this seriously and listening to the guys. Your Radiator and loop would be in good nick now.

yea you guys have really help me out so thanks. glad i join this forum

i hate there being any thing wrong with my pc as i believe i have put so much time and effot into it as im should most of you guys proby feel the same about you rig's ?

i just love computer's ;<)