Thoughts on Dark Souls 2?

Aleks

I am in need of a new RPG to play around with. Could you guys tell me a bit about dark souls 2? Is it worth it? Strengths and weaknesses? Thanks!

I am in need of a new RPG to play around with. Could you guys tell me a bit about dark souls 2? Is it worth it? Strengths and weaknesses? Thanks!

... Did you play Dark Souls 1 or Demon's Souls? 

It's a Hardcore JRPG with awesome lore, fun multiplayer oriented gameplay (in a way, but it's playable solo too), an amazing atmosphere for a game, and very very very hard. At least for new people. 

Can't say Strengths/weaknesses because that depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you've played Monster Hunter, kinda like that (in difficulty).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It's a Hardcore JRPG with awesome lore, fun multiplayer oriented gameplay (in a way, but it's playable solo too), an amazing atmosphere for a game, and very very very hard. At least for new people.

only technically it's a JRPG, it's very different to most JRPG's

only technically it's a JRPG, it's very different to most JRPG's

Ehhhh. 

If you look past the gameplay, it's a JRPG. The story, in how it's told, the world, in how it appears and is styled, and the like all remind me of old school JRPG's (old FF's, without the turn based on combat basically). 

The gameplay is very unique. That's why it's hard to call it a JRPG in that sense. It distracts from all the JRPG elements.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Is it out for pc!?

Oh.. i just checked.. it's not out until my birthday :/

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"