Other details 

Existing parts

Cpu: 3800x (awaiting shipment) 

Motherboard : b550i aorus pro ax

Ram: kg hyper x fury 3200mhz cl16

Gpu: zotac rtx 3070 amp holo

Psu: cm v750 sfx

Casing: cm nr200p

Now what im curious about is, the wraith prism cooler seems big and seems quite capable, but i haven't seen any direct proper comparisoms of it vs for example the noctua lh 9 series heatsinks, like the lh9a or the lh9 65mm edition 

I did how ever see people high balling noctua on reddit as usual so i instead turned to this forum instead. 

If the ssf coolers can provide better coolong AND allow me to use the gpu in a vertical rised position that would be great. 

I believe the max cooler height supported with vertical gpu is 76mm in the nr200p. 

I use a Wraith Prism with a de-lidded 2700X. Seems to work fine. Is designed similar to Phenom and Opteron Heat pipe coolers which are all designed to handle 140w processors. All be it the Wraith Prism looks better with the fan and RGB, the 4 heat pipe cooler design has been around a long time. 

There are better coolers, but you probably won't need to upgrade the Prism as long as your ambient temps and case flow is decent, you shouldn't have any issues.

On 25/01/2021 at 9:45 AM, ShrimpBrime said:

I use a Wraith Prism with a de-lidded 2700X. Seems to work fine. Is designed similar to Phenom and Opteron Heat pipe coolers which are all designed to handle 140w processors. All be it the Wraith Prism looks better with the fan and RGB, the 4 heat pipe cooler design has been around a long time. 

There are better coolers, but you probably won't need to upgrade the Prism as long as your ambient temps and case flow is decent, you shouldn't have any issues.

Well the cpu was reaching a maximum of 85c during cinebench r23 loop and anywhere from 65-80 depending on how heavy a game is and usually 35-45c idle. 

What i ended up doing was set the power limits to the minimim allowed by ryzen master and turned hyper thredning off for gaming preset. 

Result? 8 cores that still boost past 4.1ghz during cyberpunk 2077 and are more than enough for any game. And never peak above 65c in any game mostly with HT on or off, HT off results in higher clocks

And a second preset as well with the same power limits but HT turned on, result is a slightly lower render speed, and it truely is slightly, 3.9ghz vs 4.1ghz sustained, 40% less power consumption and peak of 71c during a loop. 

Quite happy with these results until i fit a 280m nzxt kraken but tbh i just might not 

Any ssf or top flow cooler better than the wraith prism is welcome where i can get simillar temps to the prism with reduced power limits, but at stock settings. 

3 minutes ago, Chaotic_ said:

Well the cpu was reaching a maximum of 85c during cinebench r23 loop and anywhere from 65-80 depending on how heavy a game is and usually 35-45c idle. 

What i ended up doing was set the power limits to the minimim allowed by ryzen master and turned hyper thredning off for gaming preset. 

Result? 8 cores that still boost past 4.1ghz during cyberpunk 2077 and are more than enough for any game. And never peak above 65c in any game mostly with HT on or off, HT off results in higher clocks

And a second preset as well with the same power limits but HT turned on, result is a slightly lower render speed, and it truely is slightly, 3.9ghz vs 4.1ghz sustained, 40% less power consumption and peak of 71c during a loop. 

Quite happy with these results until i fit a 280m nzxt kraken but tbh i just might not 

Any ssf or top flow cooler better than the wraith prism is welcome where i can get simillar temps to the prism with reduced power limits, but at stock settings. 

85c max temp on Zen+ flagship with a stock cooler and all threads would be expected. Pretty normal everything you've posted seems nearly identical to my own experiences. 

The only difference, is that the de-lidding didn't make the temps better or really any worse. With the Prism, I found it handled about 1.410v and 4.1ghz. 

However when I was bench testing it, was able to achieve IBT testing at 4.3ghz without errors, but the fans where singing a new tune. 

I pretty much run it stock with EDC power limit lifted a bit. It boosts by it's self to 4050mhz and stays around those 80c temps at load.

Gaming, most of the time my son is on it. Most heavy I think is BeamNGDrive in 4K, but I don't think it gets much past 70c cause I never hear the case fan spin up much.

The HTPC is in an enclosure. So I have put 2 120x38mm Delta fans in rated at 1.6a and 155CFM. When they spin up, it's loud. It doesn't happen often at all actually.